Looking for Home Delivery?
Buyer - MRO
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
We are hiring a MRO Buyer for our SFC, Global Supply Chain team in Bloomington, MN. As a Buyer you will be responsible for purchasing a broad spectrum of goods or services for the company. The position is accountable for researching, negotiating, and procuring within the MRO platform.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunity to work on exciting, strategic projects in partnership with key leaders: showcase your business acumen and modeling skills to make a big impact on the profitable growth of your book of business.
- Direct line of communication to the Chief Procurement Officer, plant and corporate leadership.
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. For the right candidate, Buyer role is a starting point on the path to a Sr. Buyer
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Leads complex negotiations with key suppliers along with clear communication to internal stakeholders.
- Tracks and monitors the category for impact to pricing & supply.
- Negotiates and secures desired quantities and varieties at lowest feasible costs that meet quality specifications and plant production requirements.
- Responsible for material rates and operational impacts
- Delivers category rate and risk assessment and associated communication for their assigned materials to appropriate stakeholders
- Actively leads supplier quality for goods or services to ensure delivery of contracted products/services meet contracted expectations.
- Resolves QCD (quality cost delivery) issues with key customers (manufacturing marketing R&D and sales).
- Monitors and tracks supplier performance cost savings and continuous improvement and develops and implements the solutions to address issues
- Creates the category supplier strategy in concert with Director.
- Accountable to drive results in Price Rate and Risk Management Project Execution Raw Material Quality Supplier Service Supplier Product Innovation
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Years of Related Experience: 2-5 years of related experience
- The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently. We are looking for talent that competes to win and is focused on continuous improvement and cost savings
- Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the business units, at all levels
- Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams.
- Excellent business acumen and a passion to innovate
- Intermediate PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
- Intermediate proficiency in data generation and numeric analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing via reports business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area circumference, and volume
- Good communication skills both verbally and in writing
- The ability to manage multiple assignments, meet deadlines, achieve objectives, and manage confidential information
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Req #: 21005142
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron