Associate SAP Functional Analyst
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
We are hiring an Associate SAP Functional Analystfor our locations in either of our corporate offices in Marshall, MN or Bloomington, MN. This position under direct supervision is responsible for translating operational requirements for basic SAP systems and other software systems in order to design software requirements.
What you will get from us:
- An opportunity to work in a growing segment of a major food manufacturer and showcase your leadership and technical skills to make a big impact on the profitable growth of Schwan’s Company.
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees.
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled.
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Plans and executes projects involving gap analysis design development test to support requirements with real-time applications.
- Develops documentation associated with computer software and analyzes software data acquired during systems testing.
- Demonstrates the ability to implement coding/configuration development including all associated tasks related to installing changes to the production environment
- Ensures systems continue to meet the needs of the Business Unit through upgrades and maintenance testing
- Maintains a good understanding of System Development Life Cycle processes and able to apply the processes to our business needs and requirements
- Conducts the appropriate reviews of technical systems including but not limited to the design development testing and documentation to maintain system integrity and reliability
- Works with project managers process leads and others in the organization to discuss development requests/requirements or projects of SAP systems.
- Offers excellent customer service with end-users (customers) to ensure systems continually meet or exceed the users or customers expectations.
- Supports and maintains existing software by troubleshooting processes and demonstrates ability to identify and resolve problems on a 24-hour emergency need basis.
- Reviews authorization (security) requests for users
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
What we need from you:
- The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently. We need someone who competes to win!
- Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the company, with all levels.
- Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively work closely with cross-functional teams.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Years of Related Experience: 0-2 years SAP work related tenure
- Basic knowledge of systems development principles theories and concepts to include ABAP coding & specs reporting and basic debugging
- Basic interpersonal and communications skills
- Basic proficiency in operation of a personal computer in a Windows environment to include the Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
- Basic proficiency with numeric data analysis
- Basic understanding of top-down development planning
- Basic ability to utilize resources to keep up with the new technologies/functions
- Results oriented and being a fast learner
- May include travel for projects training and seminars
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.null
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Req #: 22002516
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron