Looking for Home Delivery?
Associate Marketing Manager
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. We look to you to execute business priorities, build relationships and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels with brands including Red Baron, Freschetta, Pagoda Snacks and Edwards desserts. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
We are searching for an experienced Associate Marketing Manager with a passion for build brands & winning with consumers and customers. In this role, you will lead development of long-term strategy, annual commercialization plans and day-to-day execution to achieve business objectives and grow market share.
You will collaborate with cross-functional teams including Sales, Operations, Finance and R&D to ensure flawless execution of our annual business plans. An ideal candidate will have strong analytical acumen & in-depth knowledge of P&L details to identify and evaluate key business issues and drivers that will result in sustainable profitable growth.
STRATEGIC BRAND MANAGEMENT
- Responsible for the development of the brand’s annual operating plan including product innovation, renovation, marketing support plans and sales/retailer needs.
- Incorporate brand, consumer and marketplace data to build plans that generate demand and achieve financial goals
- Monitor performance measurements to ensure brand is tracking against goals (Market Share, Sales, Portfolio Performance and Brand Health) - recommend and implement corrective actions
- Prepare, present and sell-in aspects of the brand plan to management, cross-functional partners and external stakeholders.
- Manage monthly volume forecast for assigned brand/categories, collaborating & coordinating between cross-functional teams to provide in-dept analysis of business
- Support campaign strategy development & ensure coordination of integrated marketing plans, partnering with internal teams and external agency partners for seamless execution
- Maximize effectiveness of marketing plans through deep understanding of brand positioning, target consumers and ongoing performance measurement & ROI
- Effectively manage brand budget for assigned product responsibility
INNOVATION / RENOVATION & CROSS FUNCTIONAL PROJECT LEADERSHIP
- Coordinate & lead cross-functional teams in development and execution of product and packaging innovation plans including concept development, feasibility validation, project execution, commercialization and tracking of in-market performance
- Work in close collaboration with the sales organization to understand and integrate customer strategies into business and brand plans.
- Proactively work with sales, trade and demand planning partners to develop support plans and ensure forecast accuracy to deliver against annual objectives
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & PREFERRED EXPERIENCE
- MBA required
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in CPG brand management/product management (or equivalent).
- Experience navigating complex data sources (i.e. syndicated data platforms such as IRI or Nielsen) to derive actionable insights and strategic implications
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams to commercialize new items
- Experience developing strategic brand/product plans, such as communication campaigns, commercialization strategies
- Experience in calculating ROI and strong P&L management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Intellectually curious, analytically minded and passionate “self-starter”
- Strong project management skills including detail orientation
- Ability to work collaboratively and lead cross-functional teams to deliver results
- Consumer first mind-set
- Excellent communication skills including strong presentation skills
- Thorough understanding of general business principles, including effective analytical skills
- Passion and accountability to drive growth
In joining Schwan’s as an Associate Marketing Manager, you are joining a marketing team that invests in your development and supports development moves within and across the function. You will have opportunity to build both marketing competencies and leadership skills to accelerate your careernull
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Req #: 21003005
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron