Looking for Home Delivery?
Associate Marketing Manager, Foodservice
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. We look to you to execute business priorities, build relationships and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels with brands including Red Baron, Freschetta, Pagoda Snacks and Edwards desserts. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
We are searching for an Associate Marketing Manager to join the Foodservice marketing team who has a passion for building brands & winning with consumers and customers. In this role, you will lead development of annual product or channel plans and day-to-day execution to drive profitable growth.
You will collaborate with cross-functional teams including Sales, Operations, Finance and R&D to develop new product innovation, lead channel and segment customer targeting strategies, and work with creative teams to develop campaigns or selling assets in support of our goals. An ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills as well as a curiosity to understand our marketplace dynamics and our operators’ needs.
STRATEGIC BRAND MANAGEMENT
- Responsible for the development of the brand’s annual operating plan including product innovation, renovation, marketing support plans and sales tool development.
- Monitor performance against our goals (Sales, Profitability, Penetration) as well as overall business health
- Lead roll-out of annual plans to the field sales team
- Support the team-sell approach for strategic customers, including presenting trend and product information to customers
- Assist in volume forecasting and planning
- Lead development of creative assets from agency brief development to final production
- Maximize effectiveness of marketing plans through deep understanding of positioning, target operators and ongoing performance measurement
- Effectively manage budget for assigned responsibility
INNOVATION / RENOVATION & CROSS FUNCTIONAL PROJECT LEADERSHIP
- Coordinate & lead cross-functional teams in development and execution of product and packaging innovation plans
- Proactively work with sales, trade and demand planning partners to develop support plans and ensure forecast accuracy to deliver against annual objectives
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & PREFERRED EXPERIENCE
- MBA required
- Experience performing business analysis and synthesizing multiple sources of data into actionable insights and strategic implications, required
- Familiarity and experience in the foodservice industry (marketing, sales, finance etc), preferred
- Experience leading cross-functional teams through complex projects, preferred
- Understanding of marketing strategic frameworks, required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Intellectually curious, analytically minded and passionate “self-starter”
- Strong project management skills including detail orientation
- Ability to work collaboratively and lead cross-functional teams to deliver results
- Operator-first mind-set
- Excellent communication skills including strong presentation skills
- Thorough understanding of general business principles, including effective analytical skills
In joining Schwan’s as an Associate Marketing Manager, you are joining a marketing team that invests in your development and supports development moves within and across the function. You will have opportunity to build both marketing competencies and leadership skills to accelerate your career
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.null
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Req #: 21004933
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron