Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. We look to you to execute business priorities, build relationships and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels with brands including Red Baron, Freschetta, Pagoda Snacks and Edwards desserts. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
If you are interested in using your attention to detail to process checks and assist in collecting payments this Accounts Receivable & Collections Representativerole in Marshall, MN or Bloomington, MN is the job for you.
This position is responsible for optimizing cash flow by managing all aspects related to Customer Finance, including, but not limited to cash application, collecting past due invoices, investigating and resolving customer finance concerns.
- Provides effective efforts in securing payments on or before due dates. Negotiates an appropriate resolution for past due accounts. Analyze customer accounts to ensure payment compliance. Coordinate efforts with customers and internal teams to ensure payment term non-compliance is corrected to benefit both the customer and the company.
- Research & resolve customer deductions which includes unidentified deductions, promotion pricing, overages, shortages and damages (OS&D), pricing, unsalable, coupons, commodities, and returns. Engage the appropriate cross-functional teams to assist in prompt resolution. Proactively identify trends and assist in implementing processes to prevent invalid deductions.
- Thorough understanding of accounts receivable and collections policies, procedures, and controls. As well as, understanding of policies, procedures, and controls of multiple business units and teams to ensure those policies, procedures, and controls are correctly applied to customer accounts. Understands the confidential nature of internal policies and procedures.
- Acts as a link on Risk Management related issues between external customers and internal personnel including: Credit Department, Sales, Customer Service, Logistics, Pricing/Trade, Commodities, and Finance. Provides solutions to obstacles typically encountered in the overall order-to-cash process.
- Identifies, validates, processes, and clears invoice corrections and adjustments by manually posting or applying the transaction created to the corresponding item on account to ensure it is balanced and accurate. (Trade, Pricing corrections, Commodity corrections)
- Develops and maintains strong relationship with external customers and internal cross-functional teams.
- Responsible for achieving Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) goals including Average Days Paid (ADP), Percent Current, and Over 60-day deductions.
- Ensures urgency and accuracy for period end reconciliation by completing all period end responsibilities within the specified timeline for each Business Unit.
- Advanced technical capabilities to understand and effectively utilize multiple internal and external systems and websites.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct
Education: Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business or equivalent experience
Years of Experience: Typically has 1-3 year’s related experience.
Knowledge/Abilities/Skills: Intermediate Computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook); Demonstrates the ability to use observations to draw risk conclusions; Basic knowledge of SAP beneficial; Able to work effectively under limited supervision; Ability to multi-task, prioritize responsibilities and meet deadlines; Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing; Intermediate ability to conduct numeric analysis; Attention to detail and accuracy; Basic problem solving skills; Organizational skills; Work effectively in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment; Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information
Non-exempt Business Unit: