Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
We are hiring an Accountant to join our Corporate Accounting team in either our Bloomington, MN or Marshall, MN corporate office location. In this role, you will be responsible for performing accounting functions in one or more of the following areas: general ledger, accounts receivable/payable, treasury, tax, cost, etc.
- Completes projects associate with driving business results.
- Serves as liaison to other Company business units and Corporate with respect to month-end closing issues, best practices, inter-company transactions, and typical or non-critical accounting issues.
- Prepares schedules and analysis for internal and external use, as required
- Prepares and analyzes management reports including balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statements.
- Reviews business unit financial statements and policies to ensure compliance with corporate policies and guidelines
- Assists with the preparation and compilation of the annual financial plan
- Reviews and verifies the accuracy of the journal entries and account classifications
- Applies and interprets generally accepted accounting principles Assists in the preparation or gathering of schedules for independent auditors as required.
- May perform additional accounting tasks such as fixed assets, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, etc. as dictated by Business Unit needs.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Years of Related Experience: 0-3 years related experience
- Moderate PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Effective use of reading, writing, oral communication skills, presentation and project management techniques.
- Knowledge of and experience working in a formalized project management environment.
- Ability to develop and monitor project schedules and timelines to identify and meet critical milestones.
- High analytical, problem solving, negotiation and facilitation skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively within team setting.
- Ability to work independently with general supervision
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Req #: 22002042
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron