Looking for Home Delivery?
Regional Sales Manager - Food Service
Miami, FloridaApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. As part of our direct sales team, we look to you to execute business, build relationships and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
We are hiring a Regional Sales Manager for our Food Service team to be homeoffice based in the Miami FL market. In this role you will execute sales programs to sell the Schwan’s products into Tier 1 & 2 foodservice distribution, Tier 1 K12/Bids, and Non-Commercial accounts in assigned geography by effectively penetrating account opportunities. This is an individual contributor role reporting to the Zone Sales Manager. You will work closely with the zone sales manager to coordinate and deliver results, with a focus on K-12 schools as well as colleges & universities, health care facilities, Business & Industry, recreation & other non-commercial accounts.
- Assist zone sales manager with Area K12 Bid and Commodity results
- Lead and execute assigned customer events (distributor & operator)
- Manage the various aspects of the regional business by directing the activities of distributors to achieve annual sales quotas and business goals.
- Plan and execute a “Go to Market” strategy to deliver growth in market, results measured in salesforce.com.
- Demonstrate quality and advantage of Schwan's products to clients in order to gain sales and establish accounts.
- Analyze sales statistics to determine sales potential, inventory requirements and customer preferences.
- Quote prices and credit terms, prepare sales contracts, plan and prepare sales presentations and promotional events and/or materials.
- Monitor and analyze sales promotion results to determine cost effectiveness of promotion campaigns.
- Manage regional sales activities and information by preparing reports of business transactions, keeping expense accounts, updating new customer data and ensuring all assigned accounts are up-to-date.
- Confer with clients to provide marketing advice, technical advice and customer service concerning product(s) or services provided.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with purchasing contacts and investigate and resolve customer delivery problems as necessary.
- Serve as primary contact with all key customers and represent the company at trade shows and association meetings to promote products and services
- Assist the zone Manager with recruiting, coaching and mentoring the direct zone sales team
- Travel: 25-50%
Years of Experience: Minimum 5 years Foodservice Industry sales experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated experience working in K12 Channel strongly preferred
- Proven self-starter and results oriented individual who has demonstrated ability to deliver on sales plan goals
- Proven ability to develop business relationships and direct sales activities.
- Experience establishing sales quotas and planning market strategies.
- Comfortable presenting information in group settings to a wide variety of audiences.
- Proficiency with data analysis and sales reporting systems.
- Effective communication, both written and verbally.
- Ability to travel throughout assigned region as required, up to 50%
The employing subsidiaries of The Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, veteran status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Schwan's Food Service, Inc. Req #: 20004463
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron