Transportation Systems Specialist
Marshall, MinnesotaApply Now
At The Schwan Food Company, we are driven to bring our customers delicious foods and reliable services. That's how we grew from a "one-man-and-a-truck" delivery business in rural Minnesota to a multibillion-dollar private company with thousands of team members nationwide. Our commitment to delicious foods shows in all we do, from careful ingredient selection and quality food making to delivering a great experience wherever you shop and eat.
The foods we make reach customers in many ways. We deliver directly to our customer's homes through our popular food-delivery business, offer well-known retail brands such as Red Baron®, Freschetta®, and Tony's® pizzas, Pagoda® snacks and appetizers, and Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, and bring innovative food solutions to our customers in the food-service industry. To learn more, visit us at www.theschwanfoodcompany.com.
This position will be responsible for providing end-user application support for departmental operations data extracts analysis and project management.
- Acts as a power user with the Transportation Management System software and applies knowledge of transportation operations to application data settings and functionality.
- Supports users by problem solving and documenting processes and procedures including the creation of desk reference manuals and training programs for end users.
- Represents the users by leading the upgrade and installation process testing and ongoing maintenance of the application.
- Acts as primary liaison between the users of the Transportation Management System and Information Service software vendor.
- Utilizes industry and departmental knowledge to assist Information Services in supporting the continued operation of the Transportation Management System transportation application.
- Creates data extracts (queries and reports) based on the needs of both inter- and intra-departmental requests.
- Supports reporting and other information gathering using Access Excel and other tools.
- Analyzes data to support and offer recommendations for transportation operations. Leverages industry and departmental knowledge in cross-functional teams and project-based activities as assigned.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Logistics or Computer Science degree preferred.
Years of Related Experience: 3-5 years related experience.
- Prior experience in the transportation industry preferred.
- Experience with Transportation Management Systems or other transportation software or other similar applications preferred.
- Ability to effectively write and verbally communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical users.
- Basic understanding of Transportation Management application functionality settings and structure.
- Demonstrated PC knowledge proficiency and competency to include Access Word Visio and Excel software applications.
- Basic understanding of data and structure for Warehouse Management System (WMS) ERP systems and SAP beneficial
- Superior problem solving abilities in technical applications and in business processes where there is no existing or only limited standardization.
- Ability to write reports business correspondence and procedure manuals as well as present information and respond to questions from groups of managers clients and customers.
- General understanding of supply chain principles.
- Ability to work independently under stressful situations.
- Ability to be self-motivated.
- Organized and detail oriented.
Job Type: Transportation & Fleet Management
Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc.
Req #: 16003677
Schwans, Freschetta, Red Baron, Tony's, Mrs. Smith's, Edwards, Big Daddy's, Pagoda, Minh, Live Smart, Bon Appetit, Holiday Foods, Larry's