Trade Spend Coordinator
Marshall, MinnesotaApply Now
This position is responsible for managing trade promotions for a defined group of accounts including but not limited to: auditing promotional contracts trade validation and payment trade accrual management evaluating and interpreting deductions and promotions to improve timeliness and accuracy relating to deduction resolution and management.
- Responsible for management of customer trade programs to include tracking validation reporting payment and accrual management as directed; while ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Analyzes and interprets of customer performance to the agreed upon contractual obligations.
- Ensure accuracy of allowances permitted based on contract terms and conditions for rebates and price deviations.
- Validates the integrity of the claim data used in the sales reporting that drives business strategy and financial decisions utilizing internal purchase data and external sources.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with customers sales and other cross-functional departments. Effectively leads collaboration with those contacts to achieve problem resolution where needed.
- Identify trade discrepancies and works with the customer to gain understanding for resolution.
- Improve process efficiencies productivity and quality.
- Monitors trends and recommends opportunity for increased profitability.
- Ensures compliance of internal guidelines and controls including trade spending and check policy for payments made for trade spending promotions.
- Utilizes knowledge of trade programs tools & systems to develop the tracking and reporting for analysis related to business strategies and goals.
- Communicates trade trends risk and action steps to improve results and maximize business working capital.
- Prepare and present trade claim data on an as needed basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned which includes cross-training to other areas in the department.
- Responsible to conduct yourself in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting Finance or Business or equivalent experience preferred
Years of Related Experience: Typically has a minimum of 3-5 years of related experience
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Demonstrated technical competencies including Sales Discovery (where applicable) MEI (where applicable) SAP Business Explorer/BW MS Access Excel Word and Power Point; Possesses strong understanding of the food industry; ability to interpret data as it relates to business; Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; Ability to multi-task; Attention to detail and accuracy; Works effectively in a fast paced time-critical environment; Highly adaptive and possesses agile learning skills; Strong communication skills; Action oriented enjoys being productive and has a drive for results; Builds strong rapport with internal departments and external customers; Analytical skills; Ability to deal with ambiguity and complex situations; Drive for self development; Ability to effectively problem solve and make quality decisions in a timely manner; Strong financial understanding; Has high integrity and the ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information; Organized uses resources effectively and efficiently; Ability to prioritize; Basic understanding of general accounting principles and accepted standards; Team player and positive attitude
Business Unit: Schwan's Shared Services, LLC
Req #: 19001382