Marshall, MinnesotaApply Now
The Schwan's Company, Inc. we are driven to bring our customers delicious foods and reliable services. That's how we grew from a "one-man-and-a-truck" delivery business in rural Minnesota to a multibillion-dollar private company with thousands of team members nationwide. Our commitment to delicious foods shows in all we do, from careful ingredient selection and quality food making to delivering a great experience wherever you shop and eat.
The foods we make reach customers in many ways. We deliver directly to our customer's homes through our popular food-delivery business, offer well-known retail brands such as Red Baron®, Freschetta®, Tony's® pizzas, Pagoda®snacks and appetizers, and Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, and bring innovative food solutions to our customers in the food-service industry. To learn more, visit us at www.schwanscompany.com.
If you are interested in analyzing sales tax and use tax this Tax Analyst role in Marshall, MN is the job for you. This position is responsible for performing moderately complex functions relating to the tax life cycle including financial reporting external and government audits correspondence with government authorities tax returns incentive applications property tax accruals abatements and preparation and filing of the federal state and local income tax
- This role will analyze review interpret and validate the data supplied by the Business Unit and/or Financial Systems for the tax relevant financial internal and external reporting requirements.
- Drafts and is responsible for the timely completions of tasks assigned related to the financial reporting audits and tax filings and related payments.
- Creates the monthly/quarterly financial reports for all tax accounts.
- Prepares or reviews supporting schedules to be supplied to the independent auditors related to these accounts.
- Assists in the training of Business Unit and Corporate Financial personnel in financial reporting and FASB/GAAP/IFRS requirements for tax.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the difference between management legal entity and tax reporting.
- Identifies errors with tax software and applies customization techniques to resolve issues with software vendor support.
- Recommends improvements in existing systems (e.g. customization of Corptax/Corpsales calculations).
- Researches various advanced complex tax issues as they arise.
- Documents their interpretation of these findings of the issue facts and interpretation of the law as they apply to the company for review by senior tax personnel.
- Assists in the coordination of the implementation of value added tax work.
- Assists in the training of lower lever tax staff on the simple to moderate tax processes filings reporting and issues.
- Provides an initial review of these tasks. Achieves an understanding of the corporate legal structure and how this structure along with the business activities has a bearing on the filing requirements in various taxing jurisdictions and their impact on financial reporting.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
- Working knowledge of general accepted accounting principles or IFRS
- Solid understanding of the interaction between source data in the various IT systems and the tax software
- Ability to acquire working knowledge of income tax laws that enable some evaluation and originality to be displayed on standard and non-critical matters;
- Intermediate proficiency with numeric data analysis
- Basic proficiency in the generation of data from electronic general ledger systems
- Intermediate PC skills including Microsoft Word Excel Specialized Tax software such as Vertex
- Solid communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skillsSolid problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to adapt to change and is comfortable with interpreting laws
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Business Unit: Schwan's Shared Services, LLC
Req #: 19001887