Sr IS Project Manager
Marshall, MinnesotaApply Now
At Schwan’s Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets quality foods through home-delivery, retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony's® and Freschetta® pizza, Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, Pagoda® Asian-style snacks and Schwan's® home delivery. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.SchwansCompany.com.
We are hiring a Senior Project Manager for our PMO. This opportunity will be located in Marshall, MN. This position is responsible for the successful delivery of projects that are higher risk, mission critical and or complex information systems initiatives. Projects will be on time, within budget and with optimum quality.
If you are a leader with subject matter expertise in project management, scope definition and resource allocation, this may be your next career move!
- Manages enterprise-wide projects teams and programs through all phases of the project plan
- Manages the budgets associated with the project including capital and manages all project deliverables including customer satisfaction, quality to specification, technical achievement schedule adherence and project cost budgets
- Plans, directs and coordinates all activities project related and resources to ensure project goals are accomplished on time within budget and with optimum quality.
- Mentors Project Managers and Associate Project Managers on project management best practices and standards. May or may not manage two to five Project Managers and/or Associate Project Managers to ensure resources are allocated to appropriate projects and initiatives as well as manages the development to support project management across the organization
- Guides portfolio management process by business unit Prepares project plans task plans task effort estimates budgets statements of work overall work effort schedules and task dependencies which includes definition scope resources and schedule
- Manages and coordinates the resources necessary to fulfill the project scope in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Works across IS to identify the resources needed to complete the project. This could include participating in offshore resource allocation.
- Prioritizes projects and tasks in order to achieve department and company objectives
- Ensures adequate and appropriate communication is maintained regarding all project status and priorities to stakeholders and executive management
- Ensures compliance with all aspects of the project lifecycle standards project specification project scope management company policies and procedures Identifies tracks and manages all project related issues risks change requests and action items.
- Responsible for appropriate issue and risk escalation.
- Provides leadership for specific Project Office initiatives and process improvements for Information Services
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
- Intermediate proficiency in the operation of a personal computer in a Windows environment to include the Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook;
- Intermediate proficiency with numeric data analysis
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- General understanding of project management principles ( Agile, Iterative, Waterfall)
- Demonstrated ability to manage large complex projects
- Ability to be flexible and to handle multiple projects in an organized, timely manner
- Scrum Master Certification or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or the ability to become certified within 18 months
- Experience using Agile, Waterfall and LEAN project methodologies
- Demonstrated leadership of multi discipline, high-performance work teams/groups
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities.
Business Unit: Schwan's Shared Services, LLC
Req #: 19002853