Marshall, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. As part of our front lines, we look to you to execute business, build relationships, and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® and Bibigo Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute, and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
This position is responsible for the more complex accounting functions in one or more of the following areas: general ledger, accounts receivable/payable, treasury, tax, cost, etc.
- Prepares complex financial reports in a timely and accurate manner; and completes individual analytical projects given abstract project guidelines
- May serve as a mentor and evaluator of lower level staff
- Serves as liaison to other Company business units and Corporate with respect to month end closing issues, best practices, and inter-company transactions
- Coordinates monthly financial close which includes completing accounting accruals, analyzing income and expense related accounts, preparing financial statements, schedules and reports.
- Prepares and analyzes moderately complex management reports including balance sheet, income statements and cash flow statement.
- Assists with the preparation and compilation of the annual financial plan
- Reviews and verifies the accuracy of the journal entries and account classifications
- May completes more complex projects associated with driving business results.
- Reviews business unit financial statements and policies to ensure compliance with corporate policies and guidelines
- Applies and interprets generally accepted accounting principles
- Introduces new accounting pronouncements and trains when necessary
- Maintains all supporting documents for compliance of policies and guidelines
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 4+ years accounting experience
- Advanced understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles; CPA or pursuit of CPA preferred.
- Advanced PC skills including SAP, Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Advanced skills in the use of electronic general ledger systems including the generation and use of reports from electronic general ledger systems
- Advanced ability to apply general accounting concepts to daily work functions
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide assistance with mentoring and/or evaluation of lower level staff
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 22-1321
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron