Senior Manager, Private Fleet
Marshall, MinnesotaApply Now
What you will get from us:
- Opportunity to work on exciting, strategic projects in partnership with key leaders: showcase your technical skills to make a big impact on the profitable growth of Schwan’s Company
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. For the right candidate, the Senior Manager, Private Fleet role is a starting point on the path to continued growth in leadership across Supply Chain.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Position private fleet for growth via cost optimization, safety initiatives, and review of external and internal partnerships
- Responsible for optimizing business performance of the Private Fleet through implementation of best practices while engaging safety, maintenance, supply chain, human resources, and other supporting functions to align with the overall company requirements.
- Responsible for the company’s Private Fleet assets and costs. Drive cost savings via review of fuel consumption, equipment optimization, miles driven, on-time percentage and service levels. Ensures the ongoing viability of the operation in terms of financial and service-oriented measures.
- Serves as the primary contact for external business partners for Private Fleet activities including vendors and external cold storage facilities, as well as internal customers including plants and depots.
- Lead safety culture and drive improvement in accidents, injuries and discovered damage of Private Fleet.
- Oversight and direction of recruitment, retention and team culture to reduce turnover and enhance team effectiveness
- Ensure licensing, tax and DOT compliance standards are met. Oversee that violations are handled in a prompt and appropriate manner consistent with both company policy and other governmental regulations.
- Review software functionality and requirements align with business need. Negotiate contracts and manage the assets, software, and utilization of the onboard system.
- Partner Fleet Maintenance to determine the appropriate asset utilization and equipment life cycle, product specifications and equipment needs.
- Manages, trains and develops subordinates
What we need from you:
Years of Experience: 8+ years of experience
Education: BA/BS degree or equivalent education and/or work experience. Certified transportation professional accreditation preferred.
- The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently. We need someone who competes to win!
- Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the company, with all levels.
Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively work closely with cross-functional teams.
Demonstrated knowledge of the transportation & logistics and distribution industry as well as, knowledge of Hours of Service management and department of Transportation Regulations.
Must have effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
Must have the ability to work independently and also demonstrate the ability to work cooperatively within groups
Must have intermediate skills in the operation of a personal computer in a Windows operating environment
Must be willing and able to travel up to 15% of time
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 19005414