Senior Financial Analyst
Marshall, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
The foods we make reach customers in many ways. We deliver directly to our customer's homes through our popular food-delivery business, offer well-known retail brands such as Red Baron®, Freschetta®, and Tony's® pizzas, Pagoda® snacks and appetizers, and Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, and bring innovative food solutions to our customers in the food-service industry. To learn more, visit us at www.theschwanfoodcompany.com.
This position under direct or general supervision is responsible for:
- Conducting and documenting somewhat complex financial analysis projects.
- Reports analyzes and interprets financial and operating information for management which could include trend analysis budget versus actual etc.
- Identifies and notifies management of areas that need process improvements as well as areas for cost efficiencies
- Creates or assists with the monthly financial review presentation as well as management reporting
- Assists with the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting process and financial analysis process
- Reviews business unit financial statements and policies to ensure compliance with corporate policies and guidelines
- Compiles and reviews forecasts as well as compares forecasts to actual reporting
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent
Years of Related Experience: Typically has 5 or more year’s related experience
Good PC skills including Windows and the Microsoft Office Suite; solid understanding of financial analysis and accounting policies procedures programs and processes
Good communication and interpersonal skills
Proficient use of automated general ledger systems and reporting tools (SAP SQL Cognos ReportNet and BEx)
Intermediate skills in the development of financial ratios and comparative analysis
Thorough understanding of general accounting principles and accepted standards that enables some evaluation and originality to be displayed on standard and non-critical matters
CPA or pursuit of CPA preferred
The employing subsidiaries of The Schwan Food Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 19007592