Looking for Home Delivery?
Seasonal Line Attendant 2nd Shift (3-12:30am) $13, plus $1.50 Shift pay after 6pm
Marshall, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Starting Wage: $13, plus $1.50 shift pay for hours after 6pm
Primary Location: Ice Cream Plant
Hours: approx. 3-12:30am
This is a seasonal (3-6 months) position within our manufacturing facility.
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
Here at Schwan’s Company, we put a high priority on having safe, clean, and healthy workspaces. And we want individuals that take that seriously.
Are you a hard worker?
This job is in a fast-paced environment and will require you to be physically active! If you are able to do these active tasks, we want YOU to apply!
- Lift up to 50 lbs—bending carrying pushing pulling and other activities as needed
- Stand and walk on concrete for long periods of time
- Work in cold and/or hot temperatures throughout the day
- Work quickly and efficiently with hands continuously (reaching and performing repetitive hand wrist and arm motions).
We need someone who can:
- Understand simple instructions, training materials, and product labeling
- Perform basic math
- Work different ranges of hours such as full-time, overtime, or weekend shifts (The hours for this position range anywhere from 0 to 60 hours per week)
- Be a team player and interact professionally with co-workers
So what’s this job all about?
- This position is responsible for performing different assembly and packaging jobs in the processing of foods
- Making quality products under sanitary conditions in the most efficient manner and on a timely basis
- Unpacking raw materials; mixing ingredients; assembling product and packing finished goods
- Ensuring that all products (from raw materials to finished product) meet company and government quality standards
- Inspecting products; throwing out or fixes products as necessary; writing down amount of waste as directed
- Notifying supervisor of quality issues, ingredient/material problems and/or equipment breakdowns
- All work is done on a rotation. Will rotate to other product lines in all facilities as needed
- Keeping a straight product flow along conveyors
- Assisting with training of new line attendants
- Counting, packing and inspecting finished product for correct label, cleanliness, and quality
- Working in a wide range of temperatures and conditions and being exposed to moving mechanical parts
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required, including but not limited to bump cap, safety glasses/goggles, face shield, face mask, ear plugs, hair and beard nets, gloves and safety shoes or rubber boots
- Performing all duties in compliance with existing USDA, OSHA, State, Federal, and company regulations, policies and procedures (including Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) and safety regulations)
- Conducting yourself in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies and other standards of conduct
What we want to do for you!
We offer eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being. In addition to a competitive base pay, we offer a variety of benefit programs.
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Two weeks paid vacation + holidays for new hires
- Employee discounts on company products
- Candidates with a high school diploma or equivalent are preferred
- Candidates receiving offers of employment will be required to complete a post-offer, pre-placement background check and drug screen
If you’ve made it this far through the description, we think you should just apply already…
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected classes.
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 20001898
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron