Marshall, MinnesotaApply Now
At The Schwan Food Company, we are driven to bring our customers delicious foods and reliable services. That's how we grew from a "one-man-and-a-truck" delivery business in rural Minnesota to a multibillion-dollar private company with thousands of team members nationwide. Our commitment to delicious foods shows in all we do, from careful ingredient selection and quality food making to delivering a great experience wherever you shop and eat.
The foods we make reach customers in many ways. We deliver directly to our customer's homes through our popular food-delivery business, offer well-known retail brands such as Red Baron®, Freschetta®, and Tony's® pizzas, Pagoda® snacks and appetizers, and Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, and bring innovative food solutions to our customers in the food-service industry. To learn more, visit us at www.theschwanfoodcompany.com.
As a Sanitation Supervisor you will be responsible for supervising the cleaning and sanitizing of food manufacturing facilities and equipment in a timely manner and in accordance with all Company, State, and Federal regulations. Other duties include:
- Supervises all activities necessary for the cleaning and sanitizing of production, packaging, storage areas, and production equipment on a daily basis in manufacturing facilities while ensuring that all duties are performed in accordance with: USDA (U.S. Department of Ag), SSOP (Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures), HACCP (Hazardous Analysis Critical Control Points), FDA (Food & Drug Administration), GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Confers with multiple production departments to schedule sanitizing and cleaning assignments, responding to reports of sanitation problems, and USDA and FDA issues.
- Monitors sanitation performance as needed to verify guidelines and procedures costing specifications and system data.
- Prepares and compiles mandatory company and government reports within required deadlines and retains for production and food safety audits required in food manufacturing.
- Investigates ways to reduce waste increase efficiency and improve equipment in a continuous effort to improve processes utilized.
- Presents proposals to Manager for review and approval.
- Manages and leads sanitation employees.
- Interviews employees while following EEO and Affirmative Action guidelines.
- Ensures employees receive proper training in sanitation.
- Conducts performance appraisals and administers disciplinary and termination action when necessary.
- Responsible for the effective utilization of employees skills, development, housekeeping, safety, utilization of required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), policy administration, employee relations, scheduling, cost control, and coordination of all sanitation activities with crew in facilities.
- Adjust daily work schedule as needed to meet sanitation requirements.
- Works closely with USDA representative on site to ensure all company state and federal requirements are met. Reviews and signs off on all HACCP documentation.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Years of Related Experience: Typically has three years related experience.
- Knowledge of various chemicals used in the sanitation process.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules operating and maintenance instructions government regulations and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of organization.
- Ability to effectively supervise employees.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts
Job Type: Sanitation
Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc.
Req #: 16003241
Schwans, Freschetta, Red Baron, Tony's, Mrs. Smith's, Edwards, Big Daddy's, Pagoda, Minh, Live Smart, Bon Appetit, Holiday Foods, Larry's