Looking for Home Delivery?
Refrigeration Technician | $22.50+ | 5pm - 5am
Marshall, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Pay: $21+, depending on experience
Shift Differential: $1.50 per hour for hours worked between 6pm and 6am
New Transportation Pay for those who commute 25 miles or more to Marshall! Additional pay of approximately $50 per month, based on hours worked.
Hours: 5pm - 5am, hours may vary based on needs; will require rotation of weekends
- This position under general supervision is responsible for the maintenance repair and preventative maintenance of all refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment and assisting advanced level maintenance position in keeping all equipment and facility in good repair to ensure continuous and effective operation.
- Inspects air-conditioning dehumidifiers compressors evaporators safety pop-off valves filters and freon refrigeration units daily for proper lubrications coolant and oil level proper air flow and proper defrost cycles.
- Repairs malfunctions and does complete overhauls as needed. Maintains and checks boilers for proper operation and proper water treatment levels.
- Cleans evaporators and condensers to ensure free exchange of air-flow and inspects REM evaporative coils daily for correct operation of fans and glycol pumps.
- Installs and replaces motors pumps switches safety controls solenoids and fuses at all refrigeration areas.
- Repairs and replaces improper fittings and broken refrigeration pipes.
- Assists in the ordering of refrigeration parts and keeps all written refrigeration records up-to-date.
- Performs setup and tear down of equipment and may assist with major repairs and/or construction required to plant buildings and stationary equipment fabrication of parts and installation of new plant equipment
- Performs more advanced refrigeration duties including but not limited to isolating ammonia lines and ammonia systems replacing valves and ammonia pumps resetting and restarting compressors checking tension on spiral freezer belting adding and removing modular freezer belting calibrating temperature probes and calibrating CO2 monitors.
- Maintains tools equipment and supplies to ensure an orderly work area according to policies procedures and guidelines. Participates in and successfully completes training directed at increasing job-related trade skills as mandated by management/supervisor.
- Participates in Hazmat specialized training and assists with Hazmat team execution. Helps with the training of maintenance employees in keeping all equipment in good repair and regularly serviced.
- Assists with fabrication of equipment used for processing and packaging. Performs all duties in compliance with company policies and procedures and in a safe manner according to State Federal and company regulations.
- Keeps all areas clean neat orderly and ensures areas are returned to their safe condition according to policy and procedure
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct Must follow the facility Safe Work practices such as LOTO Confined Space Respiratory Protection Fall Protection etc.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Two-year degree in specialized maintenance trade preferred. Years of Related Experience: 1-3 years of related experience. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Knowledge of refrigeration maintenance boilers and ammonia compressors; Must be able to don / doff and utilize an air purifying respirator (APR) and / or Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) HAZMAT certifiable; Ability to obtain boiler license; Advanced Electrical and Maintenance knowledge/experience required; Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals; Ability to complete work orders carry out instructions furnished in written oral or diagram form and complete required paperwork; Ability to add subtract multiply divide in all units of measure using whole numbers common fractions and decimals and calculate figures and amounts such as proportions percentages area circumference and volume; Mechanical knowledge and ability to expand knowledge and skills via on-the-job and formal training directed at increasing job-related skills as mandated by management including all required OSHA training; Basic computer skills including SAP Maintenance Module; Ability to obtain a valid forklift license; Good problem solving skills; Ability to comply with all general safety policies and procedures in accordance with Company Local State and Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations; Must be able to lift ninety (90) lbs.
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: Req #: 21003219
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron