Marshall, MinnesotaApply Now
We are hiring a Quality Engineer/Supervisor for our Global Supply Chain team in Marshall, MN. In this role you will be responsible for providing technical and applied expertise and leadership in the areas of food science, food regulations, problem solving and collaborate on continuous improvement projects to meet consumer and regulatory expectations. You will also be responsible for supervising a team of Food Safety & Quality Technicians while executing day to day operations and projects.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunities for career growth exist within our well-established food company and include Sr. Quality Engineer, Food Safety Quality Manager, or various positions within our R & D Area
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured, and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Supervise testing procedures to ensure that analysis methods are accurately followed
- Establish and maintain a systematic sampling of in-process and finished product using acceptable techniques• Assure daily monitoring of information and provide technical expertise in troubleshooting product quality and food safety issues
- Keep records of all tests performed and provides management with copies of test records
- Develop ability to utilize and master plant systems (e.g. InfinityQS HACCP etc.) to execute against this
- Work with Production Maintenance Engineering and R&D to solve in- house quality issues; review non-conforming product and recommend disposition
- Coordinate and facilitate training for all employees in the areas of HACCP, GMPs, food regulations, and quality system execution (e.g. InfinityQS GMPs etc.) to ensure execution and appropriate documentation of quality management systems
- Monitor established programs for incoming raw ingredients in the areas of product, rotation sampling frequency, sample testing and reporting of data to management to assure conformance to specifications
- Follow up with suppliers and/or buyers to ensure corrective action is taken and monitor programs to ensure compliance to finished good specifications.
- Supervise train and develop subordinates as assigned
- Sound mathematical and basic food science understanding
- Good knowledge of statistics and statistical process control (SPC)
- Understanding of the manufacturing environment and basic production operation
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn technical software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of programs with strong Excel skills
- The ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with demonstrated influence management skills.
- Comfortable in small group and large group settings.
- Must be detail oriented take initiative and able to work with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to solve problems ranging from basic to complex
- Strong project management skills
- Understanding of food safety, HACCP, and basic food regulatory requirements
- Proven people management and delegation skills
- Ability to develop positive relationships and work cross functionally
What we need from you:
Education: Bachelors of Science, preferred in Microbiology, Chemistry, Biology, Food Science, or related field.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 19005620