Marshall, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets quality foods through home-delivery, retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony's® and Freschetta® pizza, Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, Pagoda® Asian-style snacks and Schwan's® home delivery. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.SchwansCompany.com.
• Opportunities for career growth exist within our well-established food company and include Sr. Quality Engineer, Food Safety Quality Manager, or various positions within our R & D Area
• A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
• Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured, and highly skilled
• Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
• Supervise testing procedures to ensure that analysis methods are accurately followed
• Establish and maintain a systematic sampling of in-process and finished product using acceptable techniques
• Assure daily monitoring of information and provide technical expertise in troubleshooting product quality and food safety issues
• Keep records of all tests performed and provides management with copies of test records
• Develop ability to utilize and master plant systems (e.g. InfinityQS HACCP etc.) to execute against this
• Work with Production Maintenance Engineering and R&D to solve in- house quality issues; review non-conforming product and recommend disposition
• Coordinate and facilitate training for all employees in the areas of HACCP, GMPs, food regulations, and quality system execution (e.g. InfinityQS GMPs etc.) to ensure execution and appropriate documentation of quality management systems
• Monitor established programs for incoming raw ingredients in the areas of product, rotation sampling frequency, sample testing and reporting of data to management to assure conformance to specifications
• Follow up with suppliers and/or buyers to ensure corrective action is taken and monitor programs to ensure compliance to finished good specifications.
• Supervise train and develop subordinates as assigned
Calibration on Continuous Improvement Project Work:
• Identify areas of need to drive greatest improvement in food safety quality and product consistency for the facility providing positive impact to plant driven metrics
• Able to utilize and critically evaluate data from a variety of sources to identify root cause and lead teams towards resolution
• Partner with FSQ Manager and key stakeholders to maintain active work on prioritized list of projects focused on improving product quality consistency, food safety, & regulatory compliance with regular updates on progress
• Effectively leads projects to completion in timely manner with demonstrated results
• Understand internal and external food safety & quality processes and report to facility leadership on quality issues trends and opportunities with the purpose of driving continuous improvement
• Apply continuous improvement tools (SPC Lean Six Sigma etc.) in problem solving data analysis and implementation of process improvements to drive product consistency and reduce product defects (consumer complaints foreign material amount of held product etc.)
• Design and implement methods for process control process improvement testing and inspection
• Plan and conduct the analysis inspection design test and/or integration of processes to assure the quality of ingredients packaging work in progress (WIP) or finished product
• Actively lead and support continuous improvement activities and projects deliver improved product consistency and increase efficiency to impact the broader company and the FSQ team
Years of Related Experience: 3+ years related experience (Quality Engineering with Six Sigma Green Belt experience preferred),Food manufacturing experience in supervisor role.
• Sound mathematical and basic food science understanding
• Good knowledge of statistics and statistical process control (SPC)
• Understanding of the manufacturing environment and basic production operation
• Strong computer skills and ability to learn technical software.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of programs with strong Excel skills
• The ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with demonstrated influence management skills.
• Comfortable in small group and large group settings.
• Must be detail oriented take initiative and able to work with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to solve problems ranging from basic to complex
• Strong project management skills
• Understanding of food safety, HACCP, and basic food regulatory requirements
• Proven people management and delegation skills
• Ability to develop positive relationships and work cross functionally
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 19005620