Marshall, MinnesotaApply Now
We are looking to fill a Promotions Coordinator for our Food Service Division in Marshall, MN This position is responsible for managing trade promotions for a defined group of accounts including but not limited to: auditing promotional contracts trade validation and payment trade accrual management evaluating and interpreting deductions and promotions to improve timeliness and accuracy relating to deduction resolution and management.
- Responsible for management of customer trade programs to include tracking validation reporting payment and accrual management as directed; while ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Analyzes and interprets of customer performance to the agreed upon contractual obligations.
- Ensure accuracy of allowances permitted based on contract terms and conditions for rebates and price deviations.
- Validates the integrity of the claim data used in the sales reporting that drives business strategy and financial decisions utilizing internal purchase data and external sources.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with customers sales and other cross-functional departments. Effectively leads collaboration with those contacts to achieve problem resolution where needed.
- Identify trade discrepancies and works with the customer to gain understanding for resolution.
- Improve process efficiencies productivity and quality.
- Ensures compliance of internal guidelines and controls including trade spending and check policy for payments made for trade spending promotions.
- Prepare and present trade claim data on an as needed basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned which includes cross-training to other areas in the department.
- Responsible to conduct yourself in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting Finance or Business preferred or equivalent experience
Years of Related Experience: Typically has a minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Possesses strong understanding of the food industry
- Ability to interpret data and analyze data as it relates to business
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills;
- Action oriented enjoys being productive and has a drive for results
- Builds strong rapport with internal departments and external customers
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and complex situations
- Ability to effectively problem solve and make quality decisions in a timely manner
- Demonstrated technical competencies including Sales Discovery (where applicable) MEI (where applicable) SAP Business Explorer/BW MS Access Excel Word and Power Point.
- Has high integrity and the ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information
- Organized uses resources effectively and efficiently
- Ability to prioritize
- Basic understanding of general accounting principles and accepted standards
- Team player and positive attitude
Business Unit: Schwan's Shared Services, LLC
Req #: 19004065