Material Master Coordinator
Marshall, Minnesota; Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® and Bibigo Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more.
We are hiring a Material Master Coordinator who will play an important role assigning material numbers on our finished goods, packaging, raw materials, and maintenance parts. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the item master list to include auditing data, running queries, generating reports, and assisting with specification approvals under direct supervision. If you are someone that is organized, detailed and curious – this could be your perfect job!
- Ensure material master data is maintained and available for use by all business areas.
Follow master data guidelines; keeping with naming conventions and guaranteeing unique codes are assigned.
- Process requests for new material numbers for finished goods, raw materials, subassemblies, and
- Manages master data change requests and item number life cycle from in process to finalized to
- Create master record in SAP MM which will feed into multiple systems within the organization and
external sources; ensure correct set up of materials for logistics and transportation.
- Work with internal partners, such as Finance, Fulfillment and R&D to correct any master data
- Audit master data to ensure data integrity and consistent uses of data formats, information and
- Compiles reports for material master data upon request; prepares and distributes standard reports as needed on a monthly or weekly basis.
- Participate in project meetings to verbalize needs for material set up and communicate typical
- Manages master data deletion process; researching product history, retention guidelines, and
departmental usage to prevent data corruption.
- Sets personal tasks to conduct thorough proof reading and establishing high data quality.
Works with a team to align department tasks to meet timelines.
Responsible to conduct yourself in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1-3 years experience in a role involving managing and tracking data
- Previous experience in the food industry and food production is nice to have
- Reporting and query ability in database. Proficient skill level with Microsoft Office with an emphasis on MS Excel.
- Basic knowledge of master data and understands the need for standards, consistency, and governance. Experience with SAP is a plus.
- Strong mathematical skills. Strong organizational skills. Self-awareness on how to catch mistakes. Must be detail-oriented person, able to handle and prioritize many duties.
- Must have excellent written, proofreading, and communication skills
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 23-4364
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron