Marshall, Minnesota; Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Who we are!
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. As part of our front lines, we look to you to execute business, build relationships, and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® and Bibigo Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute, and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
As a 1st shift Logistics Technician, working out of either Bloomington, MN, or Marshall, MN, you will be responsible for developing and executing the centralized freight management plan for the delivery of finished goods and raw materials based on freight classifications, delivery schedules, deadlines, and other requirements for multiple plants and business units within The Schwan Food Company.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Analyzes transportation and distribution methods and procedures to develop the most economically advantageous, efficient, and carrier plan for delivering products based on freight rates, carrier, lanes, and delivery schedules.
- In addition to daily financial decisions must analyze logistics patterns, rates, carrier resources, and other factors to discover or create cost reducing or service enhancing opportunities and performs routine and ad hoc analysis of carrier loads rates and service.
- Communicates the cost impacts of the plans to management and work with business units to create an understanding of cost drivers and opportunities for improvement.
- Operates in both an intra- and inter-team environment where communication, cooperation, and teamwork are critical to success.
- Responsible for ensuring freight is delivered in both peak and non-peak periods.
- Primary contact for the freight service provider: distributes loads to freight providers, makes appointments for pickup and delivery locations as needed.
- Primary contract for the internal receiving and shipping points (Plants, Depots, and Distribution Centers) as well as external receiving and shipping points (Vendors and Public Refrigerated Warehouses).
- Works with internal and external customers to solve problems and address service issues.
- Ensures appropriate system functionality by understanding the data and system processes to maintain system and data integrity.
- Works to maintain system data continuity, accuracy, and standardization and participates in functionality testing of Transportation Management software modules during upgrades.
- Manages information in an advanced Transportation Management System (TMS) application and may share in guiding team activities through rotating leadership roles.
What we need from you:
- The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently. We need someone who competes to win!
- Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the company, with all levels.
- Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively work closely with cross-functional teams
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Years of Related Experience: Typically, one to three years of related experience
- Must demonstrate the ability to succeed within a team framework applying concepts of problem resolution cooperation negotiation and group consensus.
- Must demonstrate intermediate skills in the operation of a personal computer in a Windows operating environment to include Microsoft Office Suite (Word Excel Access) and Outlook.
- Must demonstrate intermediate proficiency in Excel including but not limited to the ability to create spreadsheets graphs and tables understand and modify existing tools create logical models for evaluating alternate scenarios.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally use word processor.
- Must demonstrate intermediate proficiency in gathering and utilizing data from multiple applications.
- Must be able to learn and utilize SAP Warehouse Management System (WMS) and other related systems.
- Experience with Transportation Management software or other load building software preferred.
- Must possess analytical skills to solve simple to intermediate mathematical problems.
- Must be able to interpret data and translate it into meaningful information.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work independently.
- Demonstrated basic project management skills.
- Must demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and adapt to seasonal demands for activity and time
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 23-2888
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron