Marshall, MinnesotaApply Now
At Schwan’s Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets quality foods through home-delivery, retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands includeRed Baron®, Tony's® and Freschetta® pizza, Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, Pagoda® Asian-style snacks and Schwan's® home delivery. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.SchwansCompany.com.
This position is responsible for providing technical and administrative support to the Scientific and Regulatory Affairs staff in Marshall, MN. If you are interested in food production, food science or just generally enjoy detail heavy, process driven work, this might be for you! In this role you are assisting in the product labeling process for our finished products, including ingredients, nutrition and net weight claims. This is a fast paced role where you will be maintaining product files, assisting with transmittals and correspondence as it relates to labeling, and assisting with product label development.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunity to build knowledge and regulatory foundation skills with a world class R&D / Food Science department.
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. For the right candidate, the labeling associate position is a starting point on the path to a Regulatory Affairs Specialist
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, profit sharing and a comprehensive package of benefits
Development and maintenance of master case labels and leadership of small regulatory projects.
Develop and approve master case graphics layouts and content in close partnership with the Regulatory Affairs Specialists and Packaging Services.
Participate as a team member on product development projects and assist with nutrient data requests under the guidance of Regulatory Affairs Specialists. (Not to exceed 2 - 4 projects at one time)
Develop sample labels and preliminary nutrition information as needed under guidance of Regulatory Affairs Specialist.
Maintain direct communication with marketing, product development, packaging services and graphics companies.
Maintain business unit Nutrition Guides.
Administrative tasks make up about 40% of this role, in support of Regulatory Affairs Specialists
Create files, review/proofread, print, assemble USDA and FDA labeling packets, submit packets for governmental approval (USDA), distribute complete final internal approvals and attach documents in product specification system.
Work with Regulatory Affairs Specialist in utilizing food standards and/or regulations to aid in the generation of compliant labeling of food products.
Maintain confidentiality of product formulas, ingredient specifications and related governmental materials.
Develop and maintain departmental reports, files, labels spreadsheets and databases.
Assist with developing and proofreading of nutrition information spreadsheets, brochures and presentations as needed by staff.
Assist in coordination of print materials for health communication meetings and hosting of health/wellness events.
Assist with the development of internal communication materials that address current and pending labeling regulations.
Years of Experience: 0-4 years related experience, we will consider new graduates
Education: High school diploma or equivalent; strongly prefer Associate (2 yr) or Bachelor (4 yr) degree.
- CURIOSITY! The intrinsic drive to always be asking questions on how to make the business better
- The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams.
- Intermediate experience with PC skills including MS Office Suite;
- Ability to create and maintain spreadsheets and databases;
- Experience with food regulations and labeling would be a plus, but not required
- Good problem solving and critical thinking skills;
- Strong organizational skills ability to multi-task and detail oriented;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to taste and ingest any type of food product currently under development
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Business Unit: Schwan's Shared Services, LLC
Req #: 19002266