Intern Learning and Development
Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
About the Company: At Schwan’s Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets quality foods through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony's® and Freschetta® pizza, Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.SchwansCompany.com.
- 12-week long internship program (Typically May-August)
- Opportunity to work on and take responsibility for exciting, strategic projects that are relevant to your coursework with real-world applications
- Exposure to upper level management, executives and the CEO
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. Internships at Schwan’s often lead to full-time job opportunities upon graduation
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits (if hired on full-time)
The Position: We are looking for a Learning & Development Intern to join our HR and
Enterprise Learning team in Bloomington, MN. The intern will gain a
well-rounded understanding of the possible career paths within a robust
- Assist in conducting needs assessments and intake meetings to uncover learning & development needs
- Assist in design and development of instructor-led and computer-based solutions derived from needs assessments
- Review and test learning solutions prior to deployment
- Build strong relationships with L&D colleagues and business partners to assist in implementing solutions
- Perform maintenance and development of learning and development programs, including front-line employee and management job skills training and onboarding programs
- Support talent management process by creating communications and/or updating talent management data
- Investigate and benchmark external learning approaches to determine the most effective manner by which to meet specific learning needs.
- Current enrollment in an HRIR, HRD, OD, Communications, Business, Education, Psychology, Journalism or Management-related program.
- Must be a junior or senior graduating Dec 2020 or May 2021
- GPA of 3.0+ preferred.
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: Schwan's Shared Services, LLC Req #: 19011662
- Holiday Foods
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron