Intern Controls & Automation
Florence, KentuckyApply Now Quick Apply
About the Company: At Schwan’s Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets quality foods through home-delivery, retail- grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony's® and Freschetta® pizza, Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, Pagoda® Asian-style snacks and Schwan's® home delivery. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.SchwansCompany.com.
- 12-week long internship program (Typically May-August)
- Opportunity to work on and lead exciting, strategic projects that are relevant to your coursework with real-world applications
- Build relationships with upper level management, network with executives and exposure to the CEO
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. Internships at Schwan’s often lead to full- time job opportunities upon graduation
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits (if hired on full-time)
The Position: Interns work hands-on within the Plant Engineering and Environmental Health & Safety areas to help identify process improvements, cost savings and work on cross-functional teams throughout the company.
- Partner with Maintenance, Production, Safety, Corporate Engineering, and R&D to identify and implement major cost savings projects involving new processes, new technology, and/or new ingredient.
- Assist with development of machinery and systems specifications and provides ongoing support for revisions and updates to automation hardware
- Develop new automation and controls software to implement new functionality on food production and utility processes
- Analyze automation on existing lines, identifies opportunities to increase productivity, reduce cost, improve quality, and executes
- Work with electrical and controls team to troubleshoot, repair and implement root cause solutions to improve up time of automation systems
- Develop estimates and present preliminary capital proposals including return on investment, benefits and alternatives
- Highly motivated self-starter who displays initiative and takes ownership of work
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and assignments
- General understanding of industrial process and control systems
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity & overcome obstacles
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to work hands on and use technical expertise to solve problems
- Candidates should be currently be enrolled in an undergraduate Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering with an anticipated graduation date of May 2020.
- GPA of 3.0+ preferred.
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 19011750
- Holiday Foods
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron