Marshall, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
About the Company: At Schwan’s Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets quality foods through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony's® and Freschetta® pizza, Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.SchwansCompany.com.
- 12-week long internship program (Typically May-August)
- Opportunity to work on and take responsibility for exciting, strategic projects that are relevant to your coursework with real-world applications
- Exposure to upper level management, executives and the CEO
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. Internships at Schwan’s often lead to full-time job opportunities upon graduation
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits (if hired on full-time)
- Work within a team to analyze and document internal controls within a business process
- Become familiar with the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- Assist with fieldwork, paper work preparation, and interviewing in a team setting
- Work within a team to collect and analyze risk assessment information
- Analyze, research, and summarize compliance, regulations, and trends.
- Assists with various routine and special projects within area of responsibility
- Prepares reports, flowcharts, compiles and analyzes data, etc to support recommendations
What are the expectations are of you:
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects/assignments
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite necessary
- Basic understanding of financial analysis generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), procedures, programs and processes and reporting tools
- Potential limited travel
- Current enrollment in an Accounting, Finance or related bachelor degree field. Must be a junior or senior graduating December 2020 or May 2021.
- GPA of 3.0+ preferred.
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: Schwan's Shared Services, LLC Req #: 19011624
- Holiday Foods
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron