Intern Accounting and Tax
Marshall, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
About the Company: At Schwan’s Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you.
Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets quality foods through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony's® and Freschetta® pizza, Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, and Pagoda® Asianstyle
snacks. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.SchwansCompany.com.
- 12-week long internship program (Typically May-August)
- Opportunity to work on and take responsibility for exciting, strategic projects that are relevant to your coursework with real-world applications
- Exposure to upper level management, executives and the CEO
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. Internships at Schwan’s often lead to full-time job opportunities upon graduation
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits (if hired on full-time)
The Position: The corporate accounting internship offers real world work experience in financial and tax accounting. The intern, under direct supervision,
plays a key role in projects designed to improve the efficiency and
effectiveness of accounting processes.
- Help with month-end closing procedures such as posting journal entries, reconciling ledger accounts, and analyzing transactional activity.
- Develop/enhance expertise with technology tools including the Microsoft® Office Suite (chiefly Excel) and the SAP enterprise resource planning software.
- Play a key role in projects designed to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of accounting processes.
What are the expectations are of you:
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions/locations
- Proven leadership, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to relate to all levels of management
- Ability to take initiative and drive for results
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Current enrollment in bachelor’s degree program with an accounting or finance major.
- Successful completion of Intermediate Accounting II
- Graduating December 2020 or May 2021
- GPA of 3.0+ preferred.
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: Schwan's Shared Services, LLC Req #: 19011623
- Holiday Foods
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron