Marshall, MinnesotaApply Now
At Schwan’s Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets quality foods through home-delivery, retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands includeRed Baron®, Tony's® and Freschetta® pizza, Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, Pagoda® Asian-style snacks and Schwan's® home delivery. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.SchwansCompany.com
We are hiring a Food Scientist for our Product Development Team in our Marshall, MN corporate office. In this position you will be responsible for developing ice cream, frozen dairy desserts and other new products. This position will be responsible for leading projects from concept to commercialization including determining their product recipes, processing procedures and specifications. The primary focus for this role will be ice cream, desserts and sauces. We have a fantastic team of Scientists and a state of the art R&D facility in Marshall. If you love problem solving, creativity and food, this might be for you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops experimental formulas, processing procedures, and specifications for raw ingredients, subassemblies and finished products.
- Works cross-functionally on new products, product improvements and cost reductions to meet project goals and support commercialization of projects
- Provides technical knowledge and expertise to resolve ingredient, product, and process issues
- Organizes and manages moderately complex test runs to validate or modify experimental formulas and processing procedures
- Supports innovation in the development of new ideas, new products or new product platforms through ideation sessions and bench top experimentation.
- Communicates and documents work in a timely manner
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies and other standards of conduct
Education: Bachelor of Science or Master’s degree in Food science or Dairy Science, or commensurate experience.
Years of Related Experience: 3-5 years
·Intermediate knowledge and understanding of ingredients and their functionality, food chemistry, and processing
·Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and effectively communicate with peers and senior leadership
·Comfortable with taking initiative and driving for results
·Ability to comprehend complex technical articles, research papers, or presentations, and apply the acquired technical knowledge
·Ability to deal with ambiguity
·Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and initiate change
·Critical thinking, problem solving, and planning skills
·Strong influencing and interpersonal skills
·Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audience
·Able to engage in constructive conflict
·Persistence, optimism, and courage
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Business Unit: Schwan's Shared Services, LLC
Req #: 19002346