Marshall, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
We are hiring a Financial Analyst at our corporate office in Marshall, MN. This position under direct or general supervision is responsible for conducting and documenting somewhat complex financial analysis projects.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to work on exciting, strategic projects in partnership with key leaders: showcase your technical skills to make a big impact on the profitable growth of Schwan’s Company
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Reports, analyzes, and interprets financial and operating information for management which could include trend analysis, budget versus actual, etc.
- Identifies and notifies management of areas that need process improvements as well as areas for cost efficiencies
- Creates or assists with the monthly financial review presentation as well as management reporting
- Assists with the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting process and financial analysis process
- Reviews business unit financial statements and policies to ensure compliance with corporate policies and guidelines
- Compiles and reviews forecasts as well as compare forecasts to actual reporting
What we need from you?
Years of Experience: 1-3 years
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Good PC skills including Windows and the Microsoft Office Suite; solid understanding of financial analysis and accounting policies, procedures, programs, and processes
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient use of automated general ledger systems and reporting tools (SAP, SQL, Cognos, ReportNet, and BEx)
- Intermediate skills in the development of financial ratios and comparative analysis
- Thorough understanding of general accounting principles and accepted standards that enables some evaluation and originality to be displayed on standard and non-critical matters
- CPA or pursuit of CPA preferred
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Req #: 22003243
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron