Marshall, MinnesotaApply Now
At Schwan’s Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets quality foods through home-delivery, retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands includeRed Baron®, Tony's® and Freschetta® pizza, Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, Pagoda® Asian-style snacks and Schwan's® home delivery. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.SchwansCompany.com.
We are hiring a Financial Analyst at our corporate offices in Marshall, MN area. If you consider yourself someone who is a team player that thrives in a collaborative environment, this may by your next career! As a Financial Analyst you will be responsible for the support, planning, forecasting, reporting and financial analysis for our Logistics Department.
Opportunity to work on exciting, strategic projects in partnership with key leaders: showcase your technical skills to make a big impact on the profitable growth of Schwan’s Company
Use your analytic skills to drive financial growth in a growing company
Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. For the right candidate, the Financial Analyst role is a starting point on the path to a Sr. Financial Analyst and ultimately a Finance Manager position
A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
Reports, analyzes, and interprets financial and operating information for management which could include trend analysis, budget versus actual, etc. Identifies and notifies management of areas that need process improvements as well as areas for cost efficiencies
Creates or assists with the monthly financial review presentation as well as management reporting
Assists with the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting process and financial analysis process
Reviews business unit financial statements and policies to ensure compliance with corporate policies and guidelines
Compiles and reviews forecasts as well as compares forecasts to actual reporting
Years of Experience: Typically has less than 3 years of related experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently. We need someone who competes to win!
- Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the company, with all levels.
Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively work closely with cross-functional teams.
- Good PC skills including Windows and the Microsoft Office Suite; solid understanding of financial analysis and accounting policies, procedures, programs, and processes
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient use of automated general ledger systems and reporting tools (SAP, SQL, Cognos, ReportNet, and BEx)
- Intermediate skills in the development of financial ratios and comparative analysis
- Thorough understanding of general accounting principles and accepted standards that enables some evaluation and originality to be displayed on standard and non-critical matters
- CPA or pursuit of CPA preferred
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc.
Req #: 19003863