Financial Analyst - Manufacturing
Marshall, Minnesota; Fargo, North DakotaApply Now Quick Apply
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® and Bibigo Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute, and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
We are hiring a manufacturing facilities in . We are open to new graduates with Finance or Accounting degrees and limited experience - an internship is helpful and can reside at either location with some minimal travel required.
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. This is a great entry point into our finance team!
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees.
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled.
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits.
- This position, under supervision, is responsible for conducting and documenting complex financial analysis projects
- Reports analyzes forecasts and interprets financial operating data. This may include profit/loss analysis, cost analysis market niche reporting, regional performance assessments, customer proposals, rate of return, depreciation and any other ad-hoc analysis of interest to management
- Participates in the preparation and compilation of the annual financial plan which may include functional area specific modeling, time-series analysis and graphic presentation of both operating and financial data
- With guidance, prepares financial analysis reports in a timely and accurate manner; and completes individual analytical projects in satisfactory manner given abstract project guidelines
- Interprets and applies policies and procedures to new situations
- May perform ROI analysis investments
- Reviews business unit financial statements and policies to ensure compliance with corporate policies and guidelines
- Assists other Finance and organizational areas with financial matters as required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; ideally in Finance or Accounting
- Typically, 0-4 years related experience
- Intermediate PC skills including Windows and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience or exposure to a manufacturing environment with costing, inventory, supply chain knowledge a plus!
- Basic understanding of financial analysis and accounting policies, procedures, programs, and processes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of automated general ledger systems and reporting tools preferred, but we can train you! (SAP SQL Cognos ReportNet and BEx)
- Basic skills in the development of financial ratios and comparative analysis, or ability to learn
- Basic understanding of general accounting principles and accepted standards
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 23-4744
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron