Communication Project Specialist
Marshall, MinnesotaApply Now
At Schwan’s Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets quality foods through home-delivery, retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands includeRed Baron®, Tony's® and Freschetta® pizza, Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, Pagoda® Asian-style snacks and Schwan's® home delivery. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.SchwansCompany.com.
We are hiring a Communication Project Specialist for our Public Relations and Communication team in Marshall, MN. If you consider yourself a creative communicator or writer, who happens to also have the organizational skills to make sure projects are completed on time and under budget, this role might be for you! This communication project specialist position is responsible for working with our safety teams to develop communication in support of the company’s first business priority: Safety. You will also be responsible for writing stories, taking photographs and using multimedia tools to help tell the company’s story through internal newsletters and websites and help leadership successfully deliver their messages to internal audiences.
What you will get from us
- Opportunity to work on exciting, strategic projects in partnership with key leaders throughout the company to tell Schwan’s story to internal and sometimes external audiences.
- Work side by side with a small but experienced corporate communication team on a broad range of projects.
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company.
- The opportunity to become an important part of a culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees.
- Support and mentorship from team members who are experienced, authentic, good-natured and highly skilled.
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits.
- Works directly with environmental, health and safety personnel to develop communication in support of the company’s business priority of safety. Work includes communication planning, updating script materials for videos, working with designers to develop campaign materials and message development.
- Serves as a content developer, project manager and producer of communication materials for the company’s intranet site and newsletters.
- Serves as a staff writer and photographer for the company’s employee magazine, Schwan’s People.
- Plans and produces content for a variety of projects including, but not limited to, video and audio scripts, brochures, benefits communication materials, websites, various reports and posters.
- Produces high-quality photographs in a digital format.
- Ensures proper and consistent use of corporate brand tone and contributes ideas that improve content and messaging.
- Possesses the ability to prioritize multiple projects under tight deadlines in a team-based environment.
What we need from you:
Years of Experience: 2 to 5 years of related experience
- CURIOSITY. The intrinsic drive to always be asking questions on how to make the business better.
- DRIVE. The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently. There will be times when you are less busy. We need someone who competes to win and will capitalizes on that down time!
- CREATIVITY and ENTHUSIASM. The ability to develop compelling messages and come up with effective ways to deliver them.
- TEAMWORK. The ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively with teams throughout the company.
- EXPERTISE. Computer skills including MS Office Suite, photo-editing software and a basic knowledge of HTML is helpful (training available).
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Business Unit: Schwan's Shared Services, LLC
Req #: 19000122