Looking for Home Delivery?
CDL A Long Haul Driver - Red Baron Pizza
Marshall, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
This is a full-time position with opportunities for advancement!
Up to a $2,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
The Long Haul Driver is responsible for driving semi-trailers to shuttle and/or warehouse locations ensuring that products are delivered according to designated delivery windows. The incumbent in this position is typically on the road for 7-14 days at a time although may fill in for shorter routes as needed.
So what’s this job all about?
- Drive semi-trailers to scheduled shuttle and/or warehouse locations as directed
- Move truck into place for loading/unloading
- Maintain relationships with customers and ensure that all delivery issues are properly communicated and resolved
- Complete a daily Driver Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR) and check the semi-trailer for mechanical and safety issues before and after trips as mandated by the DOT
- Communicate and correct any pre or post trip non- compliant issues
- Maintain a Daily Drivers Log and trip records in compliance of all DOT FMCSA and Company regulations and requirements
- May retrieve information on product codes part numbers quantities locations comments etc. via a computer or handheld device
- Clean up and dispose of scrap bracing cardboard broken pallet wood shrink wrap and/or strapping and dispose in proper containers or designated areas
- May also be required to pick up empty pallets and ensure that the route truck has the proper number of pallets for return trip
- Comply with all other federal state local laws
- Comply with all Company safety policies
- Perform other duties or trips as assigned
- Responsible to conduct yourself in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct
What we want to do for you:
We offer eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being. In addition to a competitive base pay, we offer a variety of benefit programs.
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Two weeks paid vacation + holidays for new hires
- Employee discounts on company products
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Years of Related Experience: 2 plus years of related work experience
- Working knowledge of tractor/truck mechanics and maintenance
- Excellent articulated vehicle backing skills
- Basic computer skills with ability to use telematics system
- Ability to fluently read write speak and understand the English language
- Ability to read and follow road maps and abide by traffic law
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to push or pull 300-500 lbs
- Ability to climb up to back of trailer
- Must possess and retain a valid class A Commercial Driver License (CDL)
- May require airbrake endorsement
- Must meet the Federal Department of Transportation eligibility requirements including appropriate driver's license and corresponding medical certification as a condition of employment for this position
If you’ve made it this far through the description, we think you should just apply already...
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected classes.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 20002810
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron