Carrier Relations Specialist
Marshall, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. As part of our front lines, we look to you to execute business, build relationships, and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® and Bibigo Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute, and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
This position is located in Marshall, MN. In this role, you’d partner under general supervision and assist Distribution Services and company Logistics by preparing services related metrics for negotiating competitively priced transportation services consistent with company standards for quality and service for transportation of outbound finished goods, inbound finished goods, raw materials, ingredients and supplies.
Relocation assistance is provided for the right candidate!
- Assists with and prepares metrics for negotiations of rates and service requirements with senior management of for-hire carriers to ensure the availability of transportation capacity while aligning service/operations requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring rates are accurately reflected in carrier contracts with applicable fuel surcharges and accessories while managing lane rate information for the Transportation Management system to ensure freight planning decisions are based on accurate financial components.
- Identifies and implements cost saving initiatives through the development of innovative transportation programs for modes including rail, asset and brokerage over-the-road (OTR), direct to store shuttles, continuous move dedicated 3rd party programs, less-than-truckload (LTL), intermodal, freight forwarding, ocean, parcel and private fleet.
- Develops and implements strategies and processes to incorporate freight management resulting from acquisition(s).
- Evaluates carrier performance against expectations and identifies performance improvements through the utilization of carrier scorecards, carrier performance meetings, and the utilization carrier performance technology.
- Designs, implements, and leads carrier business review cycle.
- Are responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. BA/BS preferred but not required.
Familiar with transportation visibility software. Familiar with Transportation Management systems.
Years of Related Experience: 3+ years of related experience.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Proficient knowledge in one or more of the areas of Transportation, Procurement, or Supply Chain.
- Demonstrates developing business maturity, business acumen, communication, influencing skills, and ability to develop and deliver recommendations.
- Ability to provide meaningful insights and solutions to action.
- Intermediate analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and/or in group settings.
- Strong attention to detail and a high need for accuracy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 23-2688
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron