Looking for Home Delivery?
Marshall, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
LOCATION: MARSHALL, MN
About the Company:
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
About the Program:
- 12-week long internship program (Typically May-August)
- Opportunity to work on and take responsibility for exciting, strategic projects that are relevant to your coursework with real-world applications.
- Exposure to upper level management, executives and the CEO.
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. Internships at Schwan’s often lead to full- time job opportunities upon graduation.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees.
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled.
What you will be doing:
- Work within a team to analyze and document internal controls within a business process
- Become familiar with the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- Assist with fieldwork, paperwork preparation, and interviewing in a team setting
- Work within a team to collect and analyze risk assessment information
- Analyze, research, and summarize compliance, regulations, and trends.
- Assists with various routine and special projects within area of responsibility
- Prepares reports, flowcharts, compiles and analyzes data, etc. to support recommendations
What the expectations are of you:
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects/assignments
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite necessary
- Basic understanding of financial analysis generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), procedures, programs and processes and reporting tools
- Potential limited travel
- Candidates should be currently enrolled in an Accounting, Finance or related bachelor’s degree field and must be a junior or senior with an anticipated graduation date of December 2021 or May 2022.
- GPA of 3.0+ preferred.
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: Schwan's Shared Services, LLC Req #: 20003953
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron