Assoc Systems Engineer
Marshall, MinnesotaApply Now
At The Schwan Food Company, we are driven to bring our customers delicious foods and reliable services. That's how we grew from a "one-man-and-a-truck" delivery business in rural Minnesota to a multibillion-dollar private company with thousands of team members nationwide. Our commitment to delicious foods shows in all we do, from careful ingredient selection and quality food making to delivering a great experience wherever you shop and eat.
The foods we make reach customers in many ways. We deliver directly to our customer's homes through our popular food-delivery business, offer well-known retail brands such as Red Baron®, Freschetta®, and Tony's® pizzas, Pagoda®snacks and appetizers, and Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, and bring innovative food solutions to our customers in the food-service industry. To learn more, visit us at www.theschwanfoodcompany.com.
We are hiring an Associate Systems Engineer for our Information Technology Operations group, to be based in Marshall, MN. Under general supervision the Associate Systems Engineer is responsible for assisting with the implementation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of the IT infrastructure in the office, data center, and manufacturing environments, while meeting internal IT and Security controls and standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate effectively with internal and external team members
- Assists with new installations and maintenance of existing infrastructure including data and voice networks, virtual infrastructures, enterprise storage, storage area networks, the data center facility, application servers, etc.
- Assists with developing and maintaining internal control procedures (secure system builds, system documentation, information security standards, and best practices) across managed systems
- Assist in the identification and resolution of hardware and software technical issues related to IT Infrastructure
- Participate in various projects intended to continually improve our IT environment
- Assist senior level engineers and project team members in projects and support
- Resolve assigned problems with minimal supervision and is periodically responsible for 24 Hour on call support
- Assist in the automation of administrative and operational functions
- Actively participate in Lean/CI (Continuous Improvement) events, and complete tasks in implementation plan to achieve business process improvements
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Information Services (CIS) or related field, or equivalent education and/or experience.
Years of Experience: 0-3 years of related experience
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical capabilities and problem-solving skills
- Strong desire to learn, take ownership, and follow up when needed
- Adept at working independently or in teams
- Ambition to grow within the IT organization
- Knowledge of network fundamentals, server-based Windows operating systems, Linux operating systems (a plus), database systems, data backup/restore techniques, and network (IP based) communications infrastructure, server-level troubleshooting techniques, and other IT infrastructure listed above.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Business Unit: Schwan's Shared Services, LLC
Req #: 19001143