Looking for Home Delivery?
AR & Collections Representative
Marshall, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
Position: Accounts Receivable and Collections Representative
Location: Marshall, MN or Bloomington, MN
What you will get from us:
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- This position is responsible for processing checks assisting in collection of delinquent payments arranging payment plans preparing correspondence reviewing and analyzing accounts and assisting with the development and implementation of special projects.
- Updates customer contact and account information.
- Performs cash application processes on selected accounts.
- Contacts customers with past due accounts to negotiate an appropriate resolution clearly documents all collection calls updates customer account information and communicates with customer regarding account.
- Follows up on declined credit card transactions and chargeback's including contacting the customer and collecting replacement funds.
- Administers period end A/R ledger balancing.
- Conducts a team approach to improving Days Sales Outstanding and Bad Debt Write-offs.
- Assists with the scope and implementation of special and/or on-going projects.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Years of Related Experience: Typically less than 3 years of related experience.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Intermediate proficiency in the operation of a personal computer in a Windows operating environment to include the Microsoft Office Suite and outlook. Basic proficiency in the extracting of data from electronic databases. The ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing. Basic ability to conduct numeric analysis. The ability work effectively within limited amounts of supervision.
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: Schwan's Shared Services, LLC Req #: 20000471
- Holiday Foods
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron