Looking for Home Delivery?
Accounting and Tax Intern
Marshall, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
About the Company:
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
About the Program:
- 12-week long internship program (Typically May-August)
- Opportunity to work on and take responsibility for exciting, strategic projects that are relevant to your coursework with real-world applications.
- Exposure to upper level management, executives and the CEO.
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. Internships at Schwan’s often lead to full- time job opportunities upon graduation.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees.
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled.
What you will be doing:
- Help with month-end closing procedures such as posting journal entries, reconciling ledger accounts, and analyzing transactional activity.
- Develop/enhance expertise with technology tools including the Microsoft® Office Suite (chiefly Excel) and the SAP enterprise resource planning software.
- Play a key role in projects designed to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of accounting and tax processes.
What the expectations are of you:
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions/ locations
- Proven leadership, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Ability to relate to all levels of management
- Ability to take initiative and drive for results
- Strong time management skills that enable on- time project delivery in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Current enrollment in bachelor’s degree program with an accounting or finance major with an anticipated graduation date of December 2021 or May 2022
- GPA of 3.0+ preferred.
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: Schwan's Shared Services, LLC Req #: 20003952
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron