Marshall, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. As part of our front lines, we look to you to execute business, build relationships, and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® and Bibigo Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute, and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
This position, under direct or general supervision, is responsible for performing accounting functions in one or more of the following areas: general ledger, accounts receivable/payable, treasury, tax, cost, etc.
- Assist with monthly financial close which includes completing accounting accruals, analyzing income and expense -related accounts, preparing financial statements, schedules and reports.
- Completes projects associate with driving business results.
- Serves as liaison to other Company business units and Corporate with respect to month-end closing issues, best practices, inter-company transactions, and typical or non-critical accounting issues.
- Prepares schedules and analysis for internal and external use, as required Prepares and analyzes management reports including balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statements.
- Reviews business unit financial statements and policies to ensure compliance with corporate policies and guidelines
- Assists with the preparation and compilation of the annual financial plan Reviews and verifies the accuracy of the journal entries and account classifications
- Applies and interprets generally accepted accounting principles Assists in the preparation or gathering of schedules for independent auditors as required.
- May perform additional accounting tasks such as fixed assets, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, etc. as dictated by Business Unit needs.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
Years of Related Experience:0-3 years related experience
- Knowledge of multiple areas with the enterprise, i.e. supply chain, facilities inventory planning, operations, distribution, transportation and procurement.
- Moderate PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Effective use of reading, writing, oral communication skills, presentation and project management techniques.
- Knowledge of and experience working in a formalized project management environment.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies, from initial justification through implementation and evaluation.
- Ability to develop and monitor project schedules and timelines to identify and meet critical milestones.
- Highly analytical, problem solving, negotiation and facilitation skills.
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to work effectively within team setting. Ability to work independently with general supervision.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 23-1928
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron