Pasadena, TexasApply Now Quick Apply
Starting Pay: $29 - $35 / hour or more, based on experience
This is a full-time position within our manufacturing facility with opportunities for advancement!
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we want to do for you:
We offer eligible employees competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being.
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Two weeks paid vacation + holidays for new hires
- 401(k) Program with immediate Company Match
What we need from you:
- Associates degree or equivalent experience and 5-7 years of related experience
- Ability to perform advanced maintenance and electrician duties
- Must understand solid state circuitry and 110V, 220V, 440V, and 480V systems
- Ability to size an electrical panel-based component for install; ability to size components and wiring based on electrical schematic; ability to size line voltage and transformer voltage; ability to build electrical automation enclosure based on schematics and plant requirements
- Ability to diagnose problems with programmable controllers on equipment and operate electrical testing equipment and machining equipment
- Ability to read and interpret safety documents, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Advanced knowledge of Arc Flash
- Ability to complete work orders and enter the required paperwork into a computer
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure
- Ability to obtain a valid forklift license
- Must be able to lift ninety (90) lbs.
- Responsible for electrical troubleshooting, installation, preventative maintenance, and repair of assigned production machinery, mechanical equipment, and/or property to ensure continuous and effective operation
- Perform standard to more complex repairs and is responsible to receive, adjust, and install new plant equipment using a variety of power hand and shop tools as required.
- Responsible for the diagnosis of electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and similar problems and apply appropriate corrective action
- Read and interpret schematic drawings and diagrams
- Assist with major repairs and/or construction required to plant buildings and equipment, primarily electrical in nature
- Perform preventative electrical repairs on electrical cords and motors and assist with preventative maintenance on equipment replacement of parts
- Runs conduit and pulls electrical wire to wire new and used equipment; helps replace starters, relays, switches, and fuses in electrical panels, helps replace main and auxiliary disconnects as required
- Perform advanced electrician duties including but not limited to using a voltage meter to check high and low voltage reading on equipment, checking for open circuits for line voltage, troubleshooting frequency drives for proper operation, understanding all aspects of an electrical schematic, and troubleshooting/replacing I/O modules in a PLC
- Set up metal detectors
- Participate in and successfully complete management-assigned training directed at increasing job-related trade skills
- Train Maintenance employees in keeping all equipment in good repair and regularly serviced
- Work in a safe manner with a sense of urgency while maintaining a safe and orderly work area
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required, including but not limited to bump cap, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs, hair and beard nets, gloves and safety shoes or rubber boots
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 22-1835
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron