Associate Regional Sales Manager
Houston, TexasApply Now Quick Apply
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
We are hiring an AssociateRegional Sales Manager for our Food Service team to be home-office based in Houston, TX.
- With responsibility for a full product portfolio, deliver growth in market share by working with distributors and customers to plan and execute the sales and marketing plans of the organization.
- Manage and direct the activities of distributors to achieve annual sales quotas and business goals.
- Present products and other related information to clients to gain sales and establish accounts by displaying and/or demonstrating product(s), using samples or catalog, and emphasizing salable features and confers with clients to provide marketing advice, technical advice, and customer service concerning product(s) or services provided.
- Conduct competitive product cuttings and is well versed on the quality advantage to Schwan's products vs. competition.
- Quote prices and credit terms, prepare sales contracts, plans and prepare sales presentations and promotional events and/or materials.
- Develop and maintains working relationships with purchasing contacts, and investigates and resolves customer delivery problems as necessary
- Estimate date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own company's production and delivery schedules
- Manage sales and region activities and information by preparing reports of business transactions and keeping expense accounts and ensures that new regional customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Serve as primary contact with all key customers and represents the company at trade shows and association meetings to promote products and services.
- Analyze sales statistics to determine sales potential, inventory requirements, and customer preferences and monitors and analyzes sales promotion results to determine cost effectiveness of promotion campaigns.
- Ensure that all forecasts for assigned accounts are up-to-date and performs post analysis for accuracy.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Years of Related Experience: Typically 5-7 yrs related experience
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Intermediate proficiency in the operation of a personal computer in a Windows, environment to include the Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook. Intermediate proficiency with numeric data analysis, Ability to navigate sales reporting systems. The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. The ability to effectively present information in group settings to a wide variety of audiences.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Req #: 22002185
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron