Chef - Holiday Foods
Hollywood, FloridaApply Now
For over 25 years Holiday Foods has offered handcrafted, top of the line quality hors d’oeuvers, gourmet cold canapés, and center of the plate specialties for the foodservice industry. As a Chef at our Holiday Foods facility you will be responsible for leading the culinary development of the overall product portfolio for our Holiday Foods brand.
- Partnering closely with our Sales and Marketing team members to grow the business to include: leading Food Shows, development of Chef-to-Chef relationships, and coordinate culinary sampling, product cutting or dining events for internal and external customers of Schwan's.
- Expertise in category (i.e. appetizers / hors d’oeuvers) trends within our sales channels (i.e. hospitality).
- Lead our new product Innovation efforts in partnership with our manufacturing team by assisting in the development of culinary prototypes, product applications, recipes/menu cooking and serving instructions.
- Work with raw material suppliers to reduce costs and/or improve product quality.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of Cooks and other workers engaged in preparing and cooking food items including documentation and project execution.
- Observes workers engaged in preparing, portioning, and garnishing foods to ensure that methods of cooking, garnishing, and portion size are as prescribed. Leads the training of the kitchen staff, including practicing proper safety procedures.
- Maintains proper sanitation standards for the kitchen and gives instructions to cooking personnel in fine points of cooking.
- Responsibility for kitchen and performs all duties in compliance with existing USDA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), State, Federal, and company regulations, policies, and procedures (including Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) and safety regulations) including using all required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Documents all work according to established procedures and guidelines.
- Manages an archive of culinary work within department including recipe development, project files, communications, etc.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent Years of Related Experience: 3-5 years related experience
- Culinary degree preferred.
- Ability to perform recipe/menu development.
- Ability to develop applications of products and ingredients and cooking and plating presentations.
- Basic PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite etc.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good culinary knowledge and skills and ability to apply technical learned knowledge.
- Ability to coordinate and manage kitchen operations.
- Basic knowledge of math and algebra.
Job Type: Product Strategy
Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc.
Req #: 17000822