Sr. Food Safety & Quality (FSQ) Manager
Florence, KentuckyApply Now
At Schwan's Company, we are driven to bring our customers delicious foods and reliable services. That's how we grew from a "one-man-and-a-truck" delivery business in rural Minnesota to a multibillion-dollar private company with thousands of team members nationwide. Our commitment to delicious foods shows in all we do, from careful ingredient selection and quality food making to delivering a great experience wherever you shop and eat.
The foods we make reach customers in many ways. We deliver directly to our customer's homes through our popular food-delivery business, offer well-known retail brands such as Red Baron®, Freschetta®, and Tony's® pizzas, Pagoda® snacks and appetizers, and Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, and bring innovative food solutions to our customers in the food-service industry. To learn more, visit us at http://www.schwanscompany.com.
As a Senior Food Safety & Quality Manager you will be responsible for managing the food safety and quality and sanitation functions for a large frozen pizza manufacturing facility as well as to ensure compliance to the Company's food safety and quality objectives.
- Hires, trains, and manages the FSQ and sanitation functions.
- Directs activities necessary for the cleaning and sanitizing of production, packaging, dry storage areas, and production equipment in accordance with USDA (U.S. Dept of Ag), SSOP (Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures), HACCP (Hazardous Analysis Critical Control Points), FDA (Food & Drug Administration) and overall good manufacturing practices.
- Serves as Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) coordinator for the facility. On-site recall coordinator responsible for attending daily product cuttings, specification approval, and SPC program.
- Serves as key contact with regulatory agency personnel (FSIS, FDA, Military, and State).
- Consults with plant and corporate management staff in resolution of regulatory issues and requests, as well as maintains a current knowledge and understanding of food regulations and requirements.
- Maintains strong working relationships with appropriate personnel in each Schwan business unit, provides support and maintains involvement with follow-up regarding quality and/or food safety issues noted by customers.
- Responsible for the food safety of all products and processes (i.e. hold management program, corrective action program, facility audits).
- Maintains identity of preserved products.
- Responsible for specification compliance on ingredients, packaging, and finished goods.
- Responsible for maintenance of FSQ documentation, SharePoint site for facility coordinates, annual employee training programs for good manufacturing practices (GMP's), HACCP, and other food safety/quality issues as necessary.
- Coordinates preparation for and corrective follow-up actions for third party facility/program inspections.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
Years of Related Experience: 5 -7 years related experience.
- HACCP Certification.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic quality control and quality assurance programs and concepts.
- Working knowledge and basic understanding of food microbiology.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of food regulations (FDA, FSIS).
- Ability to use common Microsoft software programs.
- Basic knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) applications.
- Strong technical and business writing skills.
- Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, and customers.
- Solid analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Quality Assurance & Food Safety
Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc.
Req #: 17000888