Senior Reliability Engineer
Florence, KentuckyApply Now
The Sr Reliability Engineer is responsible for examining and monitoring current production equipment and developing reliability solutions so that production lines operate most effectively and efficiently.
- Perform various analyses to determine areas in need of improvement and develop reliability and maintainability solutions to overcome any production challenges.
- Measures and analyzes the reliability of the design materials processes cost and final products of production equipment.
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations including capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance issues.
- Data analysis techniques may include statistical process control reliability modeling and prediction fault tree analysis weibull tree analysis and six sigma methodology.
- Professionally and systematically defines designs develops monitors and refines an asset maintenance plan that includes value-added preventive maintenance tasks and effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems.
- Participates in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment and technical suppliers and technical maintenance service providers.
- Develops acceptance tests and inspection criteria.
- Advises design engineering team on selection of materials.
- May also recommend changes to the selection and application of production equipment.
- Performs root cause and root cause failure analysis and presents findings to senior leadership.
- Provides expertise in maintenance plan design troubleshooting work management procedures and PM optimization.
- May also provide technical support to maintenance and technical personnel.
- Provides input to senior management that will anticipate reliability- related risks that could adversely impact plant operation.
Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
Education: Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
Years of Related Experience: 5-7 years related experience in maintenance and reliability production management engineering or operations (previous food industry experience preferred)
- Knowledgeable in reliability testing methods including FMEA/ FMECA, reliability prediction, fault tree analysis, parts stress analysis and worst case analysis
- Working knowledge in statistical methods
- Strong technical problem-solving skills and proven project management experience with coordination of multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical leadership and communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office Word Excel and Outlook
- Willing and able to travel up to 10-20% of the time to other Schwan's facilities.
Job Type: Engineering
Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc.
Req #: 16002760