Sanitation Supevisor - 3rd Shift
Florence, KentuckyApply Now
At Schwan’s Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets quality foods through home-delivery, retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony's® and Freschetta® pizza, Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, Pagoda® Asian-style snacks and Schwan's® home delivery. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.SchwansCompany.com.
We are hiring a Sanitation Supervisor for our Global Supply Chain team in Florence, KY. If you consider yourself a strong leader looking to grow within your career, this is a great opportunity for you. This position is responsible for supervising the cleaning and sanitizing of the manufacturing facilities and equipment in a timely manner and in accordance with all Company State and Federal regulations. The ideal candidate will be someone who has supervisory experience, sanitation experience (bakery preferred), CIP cleaning system experience, and project management.
What you will get from us:
• Opportunity to work with key leaders: showcase your technical skills to make an impact on sanitation practices, downtime, safety and the overall culture of the facility
• A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
• Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
• Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
• Supervises all activities necessary for the cleaning and sanitizing of production packaging, storage areas, and production equipment on a daily basis in manufacturing facilities while ensuring that all duties are performed in accordance with USDA (U.S. Department of Ag), SSOP (Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures) ,HACCP (Hazardous Analysis Critical Control Points), FDA (Food & Drug Administration) ,GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), and all safety policies and procedures and any other established policies and requirements necessary
• Confers with multiple production departments to schedule sanitizing and cleaning assignments responding to reports of sanitation problems and USDA and FDA issues
• Monitors sanitation performance as needed to verify guidelines and procedures costing specifications and system data
• Prepares and compiles mandatory company and government reports within required deadlines and retains for production and food safety audits required in food manufacturing
• Investigates ways to reduce waste, increase efficiency, and improve equipment in a continuous effort to improve processes utilized
• Presents proposals to Manager for review and approval
• Manages and leads sanitation employees. Interviews employees while following EEO and Affirmative Action guidelines
• Ensures employees receive proper training in sanitation
• Conducts performance appraisals and administers disciplinary and termination action when necessary
• Responsible for the effective utilization of employee’s skills development in housekeeping, safety utilization of required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) policy, administration employee relations, scheduling, cost control and coordination of all sanitation activities with crew in facilities
• Adjust daily work schedule as needed to meet sanitation requirements. Works closely with USDA representative on site to ensure all company state and federal requirements are met
• Reviews and signs off on all HACCP documentation
• Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Years of Related Experience: Typically has three years related experience.
- Knowledge of various chemicals used in the sanitation process.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules operating and maintenance instructions government regulations and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of organization.
- Ability to effectively supervise employees.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts interest commissions proportions percentages area volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Willing and able to be trained in SAP and other systems and software in order to perform job effectively.
Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc.
Req #: 19001758