Looking for Home Delivery?
Refrigeration Mechanic II - 3rd Shift
Florence, KentuckyApply Now Quick Apply
This is a full-time position within our manufacturing facility with opportunities for advancement!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
Here at Schwan’s Company, we put a high priority on having safe, clean, and healthy workspaces. And we want individuals that take that seriously.
Are you a hard worker?
As a Refrigeration Mechanic II, you will be responsible for the preventive maintenance and repair of all refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment and assisting advanced level maintenance position in keeping all equipment and facility in good repair to ensure continuous and effective operation.
If you meet our job
qualifications and become a member of our team, we will further train you on
the following job duties and provide you with an excellent benefits package.
- Inspect air-conditioning, dehumidifiers, compressors, evaporators, safety pop-off valves, filters and Freon refrigeration units daily; repairs malfunctions and does complete overhauls as needed
- Maintain and check boilers
- Clean evaporators and condensers daily for correct operation of fans and glycol pumps.
- Installs and replaces motors, pumps, switches, safety controls, solenoids, and fuses at all refrigeration areas; repair and replace improper fittings and broken refrigeration pipes
- Assist in the ordering of refrigeration parts and keep all written refrigeration records up to date
- Perform setup and tear down of equipment and may assist with major repairs and/or construction required to plant buildings and stationary equipment, fabrication of parts, and installation of new plant equipment
- Perform more advanced refrigeration duties including but not limited to isolating ammonia lines and ammonia systems, replacing valves and ammonia pumps, resetting and restarting compressors, checking tension on spiral freezer belting, adding and removing modular freezer belting, calibrating temperature probes and calibrating CO2 monitors
- Participate in and successfully complete management-assigned training directed at increasing job-related trade skills
- Maybe required to participate in Hazmat duties
- Help with the training of maintenance employees in keeping all equipment in good repair and regularly serviced
- Assist with fabrication of equipment used for processing and packaging
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required, including but not limited to bump cap, safety glasses/goggles, face shield, face mask, ear plugs, hair and beard nets, gloves and safety shoes or rubber boots.
- Work in a safe manner with a sense of urgency while maintaining a safe and orderly work area
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist our employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being. In addition to a competitive base pay, we offer a variety of benefit programs.
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Plans
- Two weeks paid vacation for new hires
- Employee discounts on company products
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Two-year degree in
specialized maintenance trade preferred
1-3 years of related experience
Knowledge of refrigeration maintenance, boilers, and ammonia compressors
- HAZMAT certifiable
- Ability to obtain boiler license
- Basic electrical and advanced mechanical knowledge
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety documents, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to complete work orders and enter the required paperwork into a computer
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure
- Ability to obtain a valid forklift license
- Intermediate understanding of PSM
- Must be able to lift ninety (90) lbs.
The employing subsidiaries of The Schwan Food Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 20003446
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron