Florence, KentuckyApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. As part of our front lines, we look to you to execute business, build relationships, and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® and Bibigo Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute, and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
Here at Schwan's Company, we put a high priority on having safe, clean, and healthy workspaces. And we want individuals that take that seriously.
We are hiring a 3rd shift for our manufacturing facility in Florence, KY.
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company
- For the right candidate, the Production Supervisor role is a starting point on the path to a Manufacturing Manager role
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Directs production, packaging, and bakery on production lines to ensure company and USDA requirements are met
- Supervises, trains, and develops subordinates
- Responsible for interviewing and hiring qualified employees, following EEO and Affirmative Action guidelines
- Manages employee performance and skills development conducts performance appraisals and administers disciplinary action, including employment terminations when necessary
- Responsible for safety, housekeeping, policy administration, employee relations, cost control, and problem-solving
- Adjust daily work schedule as needed to meet production requirements.
- Works closely with USDA representative on site to ensure all company, state, and federal requirements for food safety are met
- Reviews and signs off on all Quality Assurance and HACCP documentation
- Checks product quality, usage, waste, product counts, and weights to assure performance and attainment
- Demonstrate KPI measures
- Reviews and/or prepares and assures accuracy of various operational reports
- Assures improvements, if needed, and timely distribution of reports and budget information
- Maintains constant improvement in making quality products, reducing costs, and following good manufacturing practices (GMP)
- Participates in and supports Global Manufacturing Food Safety Initiative programs, implementation, and compliance
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required, including but not limited to bump cap, safety glasses/goggles, face shield, face mask, ear plugs, hair and beard nets, gloves and safety shoes or rubber boots
: 4 - 5 years related work experience preferably in food industry manufacturing or equivalent combination of education and experience, with minimum of 2 years in supervision.
: High School diploma required. Bachelor's degree preferred
- Intermediate personal computer skills including Microsoft Office
- SAP experience beneficial
- Intermediate knowledge of robotics used in production
- Ability to effectively supervise line employees
- Strong communication and reasoning skills to provide a positive work environment
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Knowledge of USDA, FDA, and BRC regulations preferred
- Advanced knowledge of bakery/dough processes preferred
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Opportunity Employers including disability and status as protected veteran.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 22004014
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron