Florence, KentuckyApply Now
As a Production Supervisor at our Freschetta pizza plant, you will be responsible for supervising the production, packaging, bakery, and processing of food product.
- Directs production, packaging, and bakery on production lines to ensure company and USDA requirements are met.
- Supervises, trains, and develops subordinates.
- Responsible for interviewing and hiring qualified employees following EEO and Affirmative Action guidelines. Manages employee performance and skills development, conducts performance appraisals, and administers disciplinary action, including employment terminations when necessary.
- Responsible for safety, housekeeping, policy administration, employee relations, cost contro,l and problem solving. Adjust daily work schedule as needed to meet production requirements.
- Works closely with USDA representative on site to ensure all company, state, and federal requirements for food safety are met. Reviews and signs off on all Quality Assurance and HACCP documentation.
- Checks product quality, usage, waste, product counts, and weights to assure performance and attainment. Demonstrate KPI measures.
- Reviews and/or prepares and assures accuracy of various operational reports. Assures improvements, if needed, and timely distribution of reports and budget information.
- Maintains constant improvement in making quality products, reducing costs, and following good manufacturing practices (GMP)
- Participates in and supports Global Manufacturing Food Safety Initiative programs, implementation, and compliance
Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
Education: High School diploma required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Years of Related Experience: 4 to 5 years related work experience preferably in food industry manufacturing or equivalent combination of education and experience, with minimum of 2 years in supervision.
- Intermediate personal computer skills including MicroSoft Office.
- SAP experience beneficial.
- Intermediate knowledge of robotics used in production.
- Ability to effectively supervise line employees.
- Strong communication and reasoning skills to provide a positive work environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Knowledge of USDA, FDA, and BRC regulations preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Bakery/dough processes preferred.
- Current employees must have satisfactory job performance.
Job Type: Manufacturing
Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc.
Req #: 17000893