Maintenance Technician II - 2nd Shift
Florence, KentuckyApply Now
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Plans
- 401(k) Program with a Company Match
- Profit Sharing based on company results
- Two weeks paid vacation for new hires
- Employee discounts on company products
Starting Wage: 27.00/hr., (1.50 shift differential from 6 pm. to 6 am.)
- Hours may change based on the production schedule.
- Overtime and weekend work required.
- Setup and tear down equipment; may assist with major repairs, construction, fabrication, and installation of new plant equipment
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on conveyor systems and production machines; troubleshoot malfunctions
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems, and using precision measuring and testing instruments
- Remove defective parts by dismantling components using hoists and hand and power tools
- Perform advanced maintenance duties using hoists and hand and power tools such as reading mechanical schematics, cut & key a shaft, broach a sprocket, change gear head, weld stainless metal, use a metal sheer, use a metal bender, cut & crimp ends on hydraulic hose and cut & lace belting
- Help control downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance
- Assists with welding and fabrication of equipment used for processing and packaging.
- Use SAP to document and communicate with operations
- May assist with the training of lower level maintenance employees in keeping all equipment in good repair and regularly serviced
Years of Related Experience: 3-5 years of related experience
- Basic to advanced mechanical knowledge
- Basic to advanced electrical and building skills
- Ability to read and interpret safety documents, maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to complete work orders and enter the required paperwork into a computer
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills sufficient to communicate in a professional manner with co-workers and supervisors
- Ability to pass a standardized hands-on mechanical aptitude assessment.
- Must be able to lift up to ninety (90) lbs.
- Must be able to read, speak and comprehend basic English for safety and quality purposes.
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 19005803