Maintenance Mechanic II
Florence, KentuckyApply Now Quick Apply
Starting Pay: $31.00
Additional: $1.50 between the hours of 6pm-6am
This is a full-time position within our manufacturing facility with opportunities for advancement!
Who we are!
Schwan's Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony's®, Big Daddy's™, Villa Prima®, and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts; Bibigo®, and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we want to do for you!
We offer eligible employees competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with their financial security, health, and well-being.
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Earn up to 2 weeks paid time off during first year
- 401k with Company Match
What we are looking for!
Here at Schwan's Company, we put a high priority on having safe, clean, and healthy workspaces. And we want individuals that take that seriously.
- Candidates with a high school diploma or equivalent, Two-year degree in specialized maintenance trade preferred and 3-5 years of related experience
- Understand basic math, simple instructions, training materials, and product labeling.
- Work different ranges of hours such as full-time, overtime, or weekend shifts
- Be a team player and interact professionally with co-workers
- Basic to advanced mechanical knowledge, electrical and building skills
- Ability to read and interpret safety documents, maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to complete work orders and enter the required paperwork into a computer
- Must be able to lift up to ninety (90) lbs.
- Candidates receiving offers of employment will be required to complete a post-offer, pre-placement background check and drug screen
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on conveyor systems and production machines; troubleshoot malfunctions
- Setup and tear down equipment; may assist with major repairs, construction, fabrication, and installation of new plant equipment
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems, and using precision measuring and testing instruments
- Remove defective parts by dismantling components using hoists and hand and power tools
- Perform advanced maintenance duties using hoists and hand and power tools such as reading mechanical schematics, cut & key a shaft, broach a sprocket, change gear head, weld stainless metal, use a metal sheer, use a metal bender, cut & crimp ends on hydraulic hose and cut & lace belting
- Help control downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques, monitoring compliance
- Assists with welding and fabrication of equipment used for processing and packaging
- Use SAP to document and communicate with operations
- Work in a safe manner with a sense of urgency while maintaining a safe and orderly work area
- Participate in and successfully complete management-assigned training directed at increasing job-related trade skills
- May assist with the training of lower-level maintenance employees in keeping all equipment in good repair and regularly serviced
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required; including but not limited to bump cap, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs, hair and beard nets, gloves and safety shoes or rubber boots
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin, or other protected classes.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 23-3019
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron