Looking for Home Delivery?
Machine Operator II - 2nd Shift
Florence, KentuckyApply Now Quick Apply
Shift: 2nd Shift
Starting Wage: $19.25/hour ( + $1.50 Shift Differential for hours worked between 6pm-6am)
This is a full-time position within our manufacturing facility with opportunities for advancement!
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
Here at Schwan’s Company, we put a high priority on having safe, clean, and healthy workspaces. And we want individuals that take that seriously.
Are you a hard worker?
This job is in a fast-paced environment and will require you to be physically active!
If you are able to do these active tasks, we want YOU to apply!
- Lift up to 50 lbs - bending, carrying, pushing, pulling and other activities as needed
- Stand and walk on concrete for long periods of time
- Work in cold and/or hot temperatures throughout the day
- Operate machines safely with minimal supervision
We need someone who can:
- Communicate and reason proficiently with coworkers
- Perform basic math
- Obtain necessary production specifications
- Pass on information to co-workers/relay information to and from all employee levels including management and skilled personnel
- Work different ranges of hours such as overtime or weekend shifts (The hours for this position may change based on production schedule)
- 1-2 years of experience
So what’s this job all about?
- This position is responsible for safe operation of multiple manufacturing machines of moderate complexity
- Setting up and pre-running of the equipment to ensure proper production start up
- Controlling of line speeds, batch formula production rates, starting and stopping equipment, and overall product elegance and safety
- Responsible for various quality checks
- Completing all required paperwork (for example: downtime, HACCP, etc, utilizing SAP SOP's Safety operation training as appropriate)
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required, including but not limited to bump cap, safety glasses/goggles, face shield, face mask, ear plugs, hair and beard nets, gloves and safety shoes or rubber boots
- Conducting yourself in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct
What we want to do for you:
We offer eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being. In addition to a competitive base pay, we offer a variety of benefit programs.
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Two weeks paid vacation + holidays for new hires
- Employee discounts on company products
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Candidates receiving offers of employment will be required to complete a post-offer, pre-placement background check and drug screen.
If you’ve made it this far through the description, we think you should just apply already...
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected classes.
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 20003291
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron